Thursday Night Ride to the Coast - 17th April to Felpham

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Last time I did the full Pompey-HPC-Bognor-Pompey loop it was 168.

Trickedem

Guru
I'm catching a train to Lewes after Breakfast, then riding home from there. Would anyone be interested in buying a group save?

mmmmartin

Random geezer
@Trickedem Ask me at breakfast, also @DaveJ is riding and he might go for that too, as we live in the same direction. OTOH Dave and I will already have bought returns to home via London so we may well just go via Redhill then Tonbridge, or East Croydon and London Bridge. Not much help really am I?

martint235

Dog on a bike
@Trickedem Ask me at breakfast, also @DaveJ is riding and he might go for that too, as we live in the same direction. OTOH Dave and I will already have bought returns to home via London so we may well just go via Redhill then Tonbridge, or East Croydon and London Bridge. Not much help really am I?
Bear in mind that Southern trains aren't going to London Bridge tomorrow.

EDIT: In fact I don't think there are any services at all that stop at London Bridge tomorrow

mmmmartin

Random geezer
They run Cannon Street-London Bridge and southwards. Just not CHX-LBG. But my ticket will be valid if I
A) get off at Redhill and go via Tonbridge. Or
B) I might get off at Three Bridges and potter on the cycle track to TBW. Or
C) go to Lewes and ride with @Trickedem and @DaveJ from there. Or
D) stay in the pub and work all this out when I'm p!ssed and had no sleep, which is the most sensible way of doing it, obvs.
EDIT: actually, riding along the river from Victoria to Cannon Street on Good Friday would be a pleasant ride so might do that, depending on what decision, if any, results from option D) (above)

Last edited:

procel

18mi to Havant & looks like the Pompey-Waterloo line's fine cause they saving all the fun for Soton this Easter.

martint235

Dog on a bike
They run Cannon Street-London Bridge and southwards. Just not CHX-LBG. But my ticket will be valid if I
A) get off at Redhill and go via Tonbridge. Or
B) I might get off at Three Bridges and potter on the cycle track to TBW. Or
C) go to Lewes and ride with @Trickedem and @DaveJ from there. Or
D) stay in the pub and work all this out when I'm p!ssed and had no sleep, which is the most sensible way of doing it, obvs.
EDIT: actually, riding along the river from Victoria to Cannon Street on Good Friday would be a pleasant ride so might do that, depending on what decision, if any, results from option D) (above)
If I don't ride all the way home and partake of only a couple of refreshments then I'll be doing the ride from Victoria to Cannon St.

Caveat: There are some obvious issues with this as to have only a couple of refreshments would be moderation and we all know how I feel about that. I have horrible feelings that tomorrow could get messy in some way and end with either Lelly in a cab or worse in a hotel room.

theFire

Veteran
One of the reasons the Felpham ride is my favourite is because my mum lives 1.3 miles away from the lobster pot and there is a nice comfy bed waiting for me! Woohoo! (after refreshments of course)

theclaud

Openly Marxist
I'll be in town early due to ludicrous train pricing structures. If anyone is coming into Paddington and fancies a coffee, give me a shout. I won't be drinking beer, of course - I only do that to humour @User482 when he's in town...

Top Bottom