Thursday Night Ride to the Coast - 17th April to Felpham

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
At Victoria, 81 miles done. Having failed to ride all the way in last time I tried, erred on the side of caution and allowed extra time to get here. An extra five or six miles but that's hardly a problem :smile:

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
At Victoria, 81 miles done. Having failed to ride all the way in last time I tried, erred on the side of caution and allowed extra time to get here. An extra five or six miles but that's hardly a problem :smile:
It was threatening to think about raining as I crossed Guildford this afternoon - hope it stayed dry for you.

hatler

Guru
Ooo errr. We might have a refusal. Mini-h not best pleased at being woken up. I'm coming anyway (to collect the car !)

U

User10571

That was close.
Very close to being another 'wake up and catch the ride, User10571'
On the train to Victoria.

Tim Hall

Im at speakers corner cafe. Is this the meeting place?
No. You want the other end of Park Lane. Wellington Arch. Head South, young man.

hatler

Guru
Just back home. That was fun. Warm, dry and with a tailwind. Doesn't get much better.

BOP (Bail Out Point) 1 was passed without so much as a waver. BOP 2 also came and went, and I handed charge of mini over to Charlie at Betchworth who looked after him all the way to the Cabin Café whilst I jumped in the car and tailed the group from a distance. The prospect of a cold sandwich at the café didn't hold enough appeal though (especially when I had foolishly offered beans on toast), so we both jumped in the car and headed home where he's just ploughed through a mountain of macaroni cheese and is now on his way upstairs.

I reckon we can mark that one down as a success.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Sorry for leaving before the start but I really wasn't feeling well plus it felt like the gout in my wrist was flaring up again (the doc said to expect one last attack once i'd started taking Allopurinol). After a discussion with Beano, I felt that deciding to leave at HPC was better than finding out 40 miles down the road that I was in trouble.

Hope you all had a great ride. It was definitely the weather for it.

hatler

Guru
I failed to say that it was fantastic to be back on the road with the Fridays again. Lots of ever increasingly familiar faces, and one or two I haven't seen for a while. That was a real buzz. Thank you one and all !!

Mini is still fast asleep.

Top Bottom