Tillyflop,checking in.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MissTillyFlop

Evil communist dictator, lover of gerbils & Pope.
Hola, lovely cycling peeps,

I am Tillyflop and I reside in London (although I from Wigan, via wales, via Yorkshire, Via East Anglia!)

I have been cycling regularly for about a year now and I'm about to go off on the London to Paris cycle ride to raise money for Mind.

I am scared, but excited and putting Michael Phelps to shame in the eating department. I am a member of Brixton Cycles cycling club but as yet have been to scared to go on any of the rides with them.

Heard this was a cool place for cycle nuts, so here I am!

BluesDave

Formerly known as DavidDecorator
Hi Tillyflop,
I'm new here also just below you in fact. So hi.

BluesDave

Formerly known as DavidDecorator
Hmm no, that's not too far from Morden is it although when I looked up Norbury on Googlemaps it gave me a route of 175 miles to get there despite it only being the other side of Croydon. London to Paris is hugely impressive and it's a worthwhile charity you're doing it for so safe journey. :thumbsup:

theloafer

Legendary Member
hi tillyflop
:welcome: and have a safe trip to paris

martint235

Dog on a bike
Hello and welcome!!! :welcome:

If you fancy a ride somewhat less challenging than what Brixton Cycling Club will provide, check out the Informal Rides section for the Sunday London Ride. It usually leaves Hyde Park Corner at 9.30am and potters to various locations (depending on who makes the decision) at a conversational speed. I'm not sure if there is one this Sunday as there are a few other rides going on over the weekend.

It's looking like there will be a ride out from Bromley into Kent this Sunday (detailed in the Sunday London Ride) if you want to join in.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Hello

welcome to the forum!

My impression of Brixton cycles is that they won't ever leave anyone behind so I'm sure you'll be alright.
Not ridden with them myself though.

I'm not far from where you are and would also recommend checking out the informal rides section- there's one to Richmond park in the day in Sept if you're around. Should be easy paced as I'm getting back into riding after a bit of a break and subsequent decline in fitness!

Top Bottom