Tillyflop,checking in.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
An Actor.For two or three years i appeared on the stage of the famous Leeds Grand Theatre.Not acting i may add.But my Dad had the decorating contact.When it was owned by the Wyndham family if my memory serves me well .Mr John Beaumont a REAL gentleman he was the MD.I saw some well known actors during our time there.That could have been around 69-72.A long time ago.

OP
OP
MissTillyFlop

MissTillyFlop

Evil communist dictator, lover of gerbils & Pope.
An Actor.For two or three years i appeared on the stage of the famous Leeds Grand Theatre.Not acting i may add.But my Dad had the decorating contact.When it was owned by the Wyndham family if my memory serves me well .Mr John Beaumont a REAL gentleman he was the MD.I saw some well known actors during our time there.That could have been around 69-72.A long time ago.

That's pretty impressive! I have no such accolades to my name :sad:

MsLDN

Hi Tillyflop,

I'm new here too, brand new, this is my first post! I'm from round your neck of the woods - in Brixton.

Good luck with the training and London2Paris!

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Hi from another local(ish) CC'er.

A friend of mine from work did the Lon-Paris in July (hardcore 3 day option) and a friend of hers subsequently did the slightly more sane 4 day version, a couple of weeks ago. Both coped fine although my friend did rather put the hammer down on day 2, trying to cling on to the wheel of another (very rapid) colleague. The 4 day rider apparently had a much more relaxed ride and it sounds as if it was great fun!

GM

Legendary Member
Hi :welcome:, I also did a Paris charity ride last year. An enjoyable and memorable experience. Good Luck, hope you raise lots of money.

Darkhorse

Regular
I am a member of Brixton Cycles cycling club but as yet have been to scared to go on any of the rides with them.

Welcome Tilly,

I do a ride at the weekend over in Richmond Park, or along the Thames towpath. You're more than welcome to come along. I'm no longer seriously into cycling, so the pace is rather slow. If that suits, drop me a PM.

Dave

Darkhorse

Regular
Thanks Dave!

I went out with the guys from Sunday ride and it was great, I am going to attempt it again (if they'll have me!) maybe you should come along to that?

TF

Well that's very kind of you, thank you. Unfortunately I only do off-road stuff nowadays, just hadd to many accidents with drivers that weren't paying attention. And the chances of me keeping up with road bikes on my 30lb mountain bike are pretty slim! But thanks...

martint235

Dog on a bike
The Sunday ride really isn't fussy!!! Well your bike has to be clean otherwise some people start pointing at it and laughing (when they can catch you anyways
whistling.gif
)

Top Bottom