SOLD Titanium Bike or Frame 54cm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Onyer

ROAD-70510M.JPG ROAD-70510M (4).JPG ROAD-70510M (1).JPG P8200002.JPG

Brand new Titanium frame with Hope headset. Size 54cm. Perfectly suited to the most demanding sportive, the daily commute or a cycle touring holiday, it could well be the only bike that you will ever need. Seatpost Size 27.2mm (not included)
Frame with headset - £950

Or bike built with Shimano 5800 105 groupset and Mavic Aksium wheels, Titanium seatpost £1,750 (You choose chainset and cassette combination)

Or bike built with Shimano 6800 Ultegra groupset and Ultegra wheels, Titanium seatpost £2,100 (You choose chainset and cassette combination). As per photo.

Handle bars and stem, saddle, Ti seat post, tyres, cables etc all starts to add up.

Or you could look at it as the frame on its own is a bargain.
The £300 105 groupset from Merlin cycles does not mention cables. It does on the some of the other groupsets. It may be an omision on their part or it may be they are extra? Also there is time spent building the bike.

If someone is spending that sort of money on a bike I would expect them to have some idea of what they are looking at and decide whether they think it is a good price or not and negotiate with the seller if they think the price is too high.
But as per the guidelines in the for sale section, I am not interested in the bike and will not make any more comments and wish the seller the best of luck with his sale.

OP
OP
O

Onyer

Sorry im not trying to be an arse but a shimano 105 group is £300 and you can pick up the aksiums for around 100 so i dont see how £950 raises to £1750
Well if you can tell me where I can buy Shimano 105 5800 11sp for £300 (Merlin price for £325) and Aksium for £100 (Merlin sells Mavic Aksium S WTS Wheels for £175), I'll gladly reduce the price. As you can see you are underestimating those two items by £100. Add in Ti seatpost, saddle, stem, bars, carbon forks with mudguard eyelets and other small items such as bar tape, that is another £300 odd. I have added on the cost of items at the price I would pay.
I am not trying to rip anyone off. I'm happy to let anyone choose their own components if they want to try and reduce the price. Or they can buy the frame only and their own components. As Martin says the frame on it's own is a bargain.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Sorry @jack smith but he's right, try and find a titanium bike built anywere in the web for less than £1750 and it would be a miracle.

Mine was 1800 with full 105 without wheels

OP
OP
O

Onyer

As there were some comments about the pricing I thought it would be a good idea to explain in more detail the various options.

Brand new Titanium frame with Hope headset. Size 54cm. Perfectly suited to the most demanding sportive, the daily commute or a cycle touring holiday, it could well be the only bike that you will ever need. Seatpost Size 27.2mm (not included) . Able to take rear rack for light touring and mudguards for winter use.
Frame with headset - £950

Just to clarify the components for the build options
New Shimano 105 5800 11sp groupset (You choose chainset and cassette combination).
Mavic Aksium S WTS wheels
Carbon forks with eyelets
Ti seatpost and seat clamp
Alloy bars and stem
Selle Italia C2 Gel Flow saddle
Bar tape, cable adjusters, etc

Price is £1,750

Or with Shimano 6800 Ultegra groupset (You choose chainset and cassette combination).
Ultegra wheels
Carbon forks with eyelets
Ti seatpost and seat clamp
Alloy bars and stem
Selle Italia C2 Gel Flow saddle
Bar tape, cable adjusters, etc

Price £2,100

Or price can be adjusted if you want to choose different items than the above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom