Todays winge about greek Yoghurt

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
[rant]
The local supermarket has stopped stocking 'normal' greek yoghurt, in favor of only LOW FAT greek yoghurt. I asked why and the lady there told me because nobody buys the full fat anymore.
So I got to wondering why....and then I took a look around, and out in the car park....full of overweight people stuffing as much low fat food as they can into cars for likely walkable or rideable trips home. The majority of peeps it would appear (but I doubt it personally) seem to demand low fat no sugar products to the extent that normal food isnt selling...so if people wanted 'proper food' for want of a better word, they cant because of the general obesity malaise afflicting, at least this, local society.

I may be sending a strongly worded letter to the greek yoghurt regulation autority...but then again....I may just get on with my life...[/rant]

yello

If it ain't full fat then it ain't Greek yoghurt! There's just no point otherwise.

i always chuckle when i see people getting diet coke (other fizzy drinks are available) with their ginormo-meal. yes, that will make ALL the difference to your 50 inch waist.

low-fat may be preferable, but the added ingredients for the low-fat probably do just as much damage. think about it, the original, so full of fat it hurts, yoghurt was eaten for many many years, yet obesity is a relatively recent thing. the ancient greeks weren't known for being particularly lardy.

there is a Seinfeld episode about low fat yoghurts where they all put on weight as they eat more of them as they are 'healthier' than the normal one.

OP
OP
BigonaBianchi

BigonaBianchi

Ive had the turkish yoghurt as well...i like both....but have a preference for the greek yoghurt....I found this out riding across the green line catching yoghurt pots being hurled from one side to the other, bioillogical warfare cyprus style......but lets not get dragged into a greek turkish discussion.....niether are particularly fat people in my experience...and both are expert yoghurteers!

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
(I quite like low fat Greek yoghurt) :blush:

Cyclist33

i always chuckle when i see people getting diet coke (other fizzy drinks are available) with their ginormo-meal. yes, that will make ALL the difference to your 50 inch waist.

low-fat may be preferable, but the added ingredients for the low-fat probably do just as much damage. think about it, the original, so full of fat it hurts, yoghurt was eaten for many many years, yet obesity is a relatively recent thing. the ancient greeks weren't known for being particularly lardy.

there is a Seinfeld episode about low fat yoghurts where they all put on weight as they eat more of them as they are 'healthier' than the normal one.

Woo yay - another jokeless episode of Seinfeld!

OP
OP
BigonaBianchi

BigonaBianchi

It tastes really sharp...and its thin.and wimpy...not a real man's yoghurt at all...let alone a Greeks...erm....or Turks......I'm surprised the gyra allow this whitewash to be sold under the banner of Greek yoghurrts....

I'm no on the side of full fat.is good in.moderation....for years I was a diet coke and a mars bar kind of guy....now I've seen the light and demand a full Greek fat yogurt...

yello

I hate when my local supermarket only has the flavoured variety (honey, blackberry, etc). I want the full-on, unadulterated hard stuff.... no messing!

Top Bottom