Top 20 Guitarist's *of the last 25 years*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ciar

Veteran
No one seems to have mentioned Buddy Guy still producing albums or Keb Mo another great bluesman.

then you have the likes of Phil Campbell formerly of Motorhead now of the all starr band brilliant guitarist.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Can one of the mods tidy this thread up and remove all posts featuring guitarists from more than 25 years ago.

And I'll nominate three guitarists... the lad with the hat, the old guy with the slide and the girl who hits her guitar, all on Sky's Guitar Star programme :smile:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Brian Setzer is my choice

Although it's been 35 years(!!) since the first Stray Cats LP

He seems very under-rated, but is apparently recognised by other (big names) as a hell of player

Plus, he (almost single handedly) revived/re-popularised two musical genres;
- Rockabilly, with The Stray Cats (he also played the role of Eddie Cochran, in the film 'La Bamba)
- Big Band Swing, with the Brian Setzer Orchestra

Gretsch guitars recognised his contribution, by making him their first 'signature artist' in about 2000, since Chet Atkins in 1961!!
A Setzer Gretsch was also given for display in the Smithsonian Museums

:becool: Agreementamundo!

raleighnut

Legendary Member

Why not the guy who plays lead guitar on most of Paul Wellers stuff these days.........................Steve Craddock

View: https://youtu.be/xtTnSUBNtSo

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Dave Clempson - Colosseum. My schoolboy hero

And back in 1971

I kinda knew some of Colosseum, and once went for a beer with them before one of their gigs at The Marquee in Wardour Street many moons ago.
An old mate of mine had one of Jon Heiseman's drum kits, and Valentyne Suite was composed on his parents piano at 26 Glenhouse Road, Eltham...

Top Bottom