Tour de France 2015 - may contain nuts and SPOILERS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adam4868

Guru
After his last couple of performances I'd go with Froome,baring any accidents or crashes if he can stay upright I think it's his.Fingers crossed !

RobNewcastle

Great idea!

I'll briefly introduce myself to the forum too. I'm Rob just completed a physiotherapy degree having moved back from London to study. Been watching the tour since 1989 and the Giro since the mid 2000s.

Love watching cycling but ironically I don't even own a bike! :-/ I'm a runner and fell runner mainly these days. Considering getting a bike fairly soon though, think that needs sorting.

I'm a reluctant fan of Beefy Bert as it's hard not to admire his racing style and tactical acumen, so part of me hopes he'll do it whilst the demon on my shoulder, who looks a bit like Marmion, yells at me he can't be trusted. On the other hand it's a huge ask against Nibbles et al, not to mention Astana, who probably have someone we've never heard of waiting to win it.

RobNewcastle

Assuming everyone makes it unscathed to the mountains I think it's going to come down to between Quintana and Froome. I just think fatigue will get the better of Contador vs other superior climbers deep in the 3rd week of the tour with the Giro in his legs. If anyone can do the double though it's Contador.

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
Froome did look very strong, the way he finished the last 2 stages of the Dauphine. Team Sky were pretty average in the team time trial though. Hopefully that was because it wasn't their full A team, and their full squad will be better than that in le Tour...... They need to be, because there is no worthwhile individual time trial this year for Froome to make the lost time back up, so he can't afford to give away 50 seconds.
Bring it on!

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
Bertie will not do the double, I think the Giro has took to much out of him, it was a lot tougher on him than maybe the expected, Astana going bonkers didn't help him, they cracked him on the final mountain stage and he will face much tougher guys than he did in the Giro...

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
It's really hard to tell how good Quintana is going to be. I'm not convinced that Contador's double/triple ambitions are feasible but let's see. Froome seems to be coming into form again at the right time. Nibali... will be battling for a podium place alongside Van Gardaren, S. Yates, Bardet, Kwiatkowski et al. I think his experience will tell over the younger riders, but he'll end up in 4th unless one or more of the Top 3 favourites meets with an unfortunate accident or illness.

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
The lack of racing and any kind of form slightly bothers me about Quintana. It will be interesting to see how he goes at the Route du Sud.

The lack of racing and any kind of form slightly bothers me about Quintana. It will be interesting to see how he goes at the Route du Sud.
They've been keeping him nice and safe in bubble wrap for most of the spring. Hopefully he won't crash out again like the Vuelta last year.

Top Bottom