Tour De France Eurosport Commentary

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Each to their own, but me and swmbo agree that liggett and sherwen are pretty good

JasonHolder

on youtube. learning to be a gent
I Absolutely adore Phil and Paul. Ever since I watched them commentate Armstrong giving Ulrich the look ;)

Umfortunately bosses mum kicked mr out house after 20km because i came in reaking of tobacco. Damn. Heard i missed a crash too!

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Looks like the excellent Rob Hatchs informed intelligent commentary has been overlooked in favour of Carlton Kirbys mindless stupidity
Yes,thats 3 weeks of Carlton Kirbys raving luncay

Rob was one of the commentators on 5live Sports Extra this afternoon - I don't know if this is going to be a regular slot, but it may be worh tuning in just in case.

Also thanks for the Kirby warning - ITV4 it is then.

And I'm not impressed with this John I think his name was that they seem to have employed to read out all the history lesson stuff. If I wanted to know that this church dates to the 17th century and was restored in 1865 I'd be listening to Paul Sherwin.

thom

____
And I'm not impressed with this John I think his name was that they seem to have employed to read out all the history lesson stuff. If I wanted to know that this church dates to the 17th century and was restored in 1865 I'd be listening to Paul Sherwin.
Each broadcaster has a contractual obligation with ASO to do that (I think - we've done this before haven't we?) - I suspect it is pretty important to getting regional tourism sponsorship.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Just noticed that Lemond is wearing a yellow wristband. WTF? Does he do post-modern irony?
Maybe he has a strip of paper bearing the words "Who's laughing now, Armstrong!" glued to the inside? :whistle:

I'm warming to John in Paris, the recent days that I've heard him he seems to have swapped some of the history lessons for reciting poetry instead. Yesterday he read something rather lovely about plums.
And they've also recruited Juan Antonio Flecha who seems like a born natural interviewing his recent colleagues in the peloton.
Lemond is getting better but still has a long way to go.

Hont

Guru
Rob Hatch, David Harmon. Eurosport could have employed either of these two. Instead they go for Carlton Kirby who has actually made me nostalgic for the days of David Duffield. All he ever did was fail to commentate on the actual race.

Hont

Guru
I dont mind Kirby. love to see anyone on here try and talk 4 hours of cycling a day without getting repeditive/ clutching at straws for topics
I know I couldn't do the job as well as he does, that's not really the point. It's the fact that there are many other commentators available who do it much much better.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I watched the first 3 stages on ITV and that was enough!

I'd rather be told for the nth time that Sagan likes to burn out his team and does not need a lead-out train, than hear another "Well, Phil ..." or "Well, Paul ..."

Top Bottom