Tour de San Luis *SPOILERS*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SWSteve

Guru
It's a shame this isn't on TV in the UK.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Sacha Modolo beats Peter Sagan for the final stage... Quintana safe in the overall, and Adam Yates wins the Young Rider classification.

People may also not be aware that Mark Cavendish was riding this one. He looks to have been doing what Kittel was doing in the TdU and is building fitness for goals later in the season, as he didn't contest any of the sprints.

raindog

er.....
Wasn't expecting anything from Cav in this.
Was Boonen at the TdU? I notice Renshaw was 2nd in the last sprint there.

thom

____
Wowsers - there were quite a few unsavoury goings on in this race, including a local rider punching Dehaes in the face because he wouldn't yield Cav's wheel and another getting towed up to finishes to get 5'th place overall.

Boonen was also in San Luis, Cav was the lead-out man for Boonen (somewhere in stage 2 or something Boonen had a 3rd place in a bunch sprint)
Here you go :

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
It sounds like the locals weren't going to let the WorldTour riders feel too special! Not good, but at the same time I have a grudging admiration for these 'old-fashioned' races like this where the global cycling circus isn't everything. Let's not mention the Tour of Turkey though, eh?

raindog

er.....
I know what you mean FM, but this has got to be out of order in anyone's book
Euser said he saw Moyano take a push from the team car.
“I dropped [Moyano] and then he came by me, coasting, uphill, with his team car,” Euser said. “They put about 200 meters on me. I slowly brought them back, and as I was about 50 meters behind, I watched a hand come out of the team car and push the rider.

EDIT
that vid of Cav leading out Boonen is brilliant ^_^

Last edited:

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I know what you mean FM, but this has got to be out of order in anyone's book

Oh, it's totally out of order, but it's the kind of thing that had we been reading about it happening in the Tour 50 years ago, we'd simply be raising an eyebrow and treating it as 'one of those things' that makes bike racing so fascinating...

Top Bottom