Tour De Yorkshire comes through Stokesley fantastic

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hifinut

I have just been in to Stokesley to see the Tour De Yorkshire come through and although it was raining early on it dryed up nicely in time to see the cyclists come through .The town centre is absolutely fantastic It has a huge screen to watch to follow the race live, a live music stage and loads of local produce ,acoustic tent ,rides for the kids and even a tent for the really young ones with a local playgroup stepping stones doing activities like flag making .What a fantastic atmosphere a credit to the local community :bravo:.It carries on until 7 o'clock tonight too so if your near pop in and have a ball :cheers:
WELL DONE STOKESLEY .
Proud to be part of it .
I have to admit i had a ride out early and went through the high street and felt like i had won the race
:hyper::hyper::biggrin:

Last edited:
OP
OP
hifinut

hifinut

I am not sure if i have put this in the right place ,mods please move if you think there is a better place cheers

Great to see quotes from the likes of Voeckler and Prudhomme about what a great event this is and how special the Yorkshire atmosphere is - up there with any in the world if you believe them!

"Cyclists and organisers have been overwhelmed by the stunning support for the race which today’s winner Thomas Voeckler said "makes me want to come back next year!” and compared it to racing in a stage of Tour de France.

Thomas from Team Direct Energie added,
"When you see all the crowds on the road I am sure that in 20 to 30 years there will still be a Tour de Yorkshire so I am really happy that my name is on the winner’s list.”

Nathan Haas from Team Dimension Data who won the King of the Mountains jersey, called for the Tour de Yorkshire to be to grow bigger than a 2:1 classification and thanked the Tour de Yorkshire organisers and the “great crowds”.

He said:
"As a team we are privileged to be part of an event as incredible as this and have fans as engaged as they are."

Yorkshire has been transformed into a sea of blue and yellow as the county has got behind the second edition of the Tour de Yorkshire.

Mr Prudhomme, Director of the Tour de France, said:
"There have been huge crowds, huge enthusiastic crowds who respect the riders. The Tour de Yorkshire is on the podium for being one of the best bike races in the world and for me the best public for cycling in the world.

"The people of Yorkshire have passion and pride. I love what the Tour de Yorkshire has done for children who are watching this on the route and at the start and finish lines. These are memories that those children will never forget.

"The passion is growing and growing and Yorkshire is fast becoming the heartland of cycling.”

I can't disagree with any of that. I go to a lot of races all around the mainland, and the Tour de Yorkshire is right up there with the most enjoyable. The crowds that turn out are friendly, knowledgeable, and enthusiastic. The welcome is stunning.

Top Bottom