Tour de Yorkshire revealed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Rotherham has one of these too
It does indeed, & I've seen it a few times

Two in Yorkshire, one in St.Ives (Cambridgeshire), & I can't remember where the 4th is

Three distinct arches, under the Wakefield bridge

South Yorkshire Scenes. Rotherham. Bridge Chapel. 1.JPG South Yorkshire Scenes. Rotherham. Bridge Chapel. 3.JPG Chantry Chapel. 2.jpg Chantry Chapel. 3.jpg

Attachments

• Chantry Chapel. 8.JPG
    Chantry Chapel. 8.JPG
    171.1 KB · Views: 32
  • Chantry Chapel. 14.JPG
    Chantry Chapel. 14.JPG
    198.9 KB · Views: 29
This video has appeared now

I'm tempted to ask 'contacts', if I can go up the Cathedral Tower, for the send-off in Wakefield (been up it before, with staff)

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I just spotted this competition ...(CLOSES WEDNESDAY 22ND APRIL)!

SkySports.com said:
Win in-car experience places following the Tour de Yorkshire courtesy of Yorkshire Bank!

Cycling fanatics pay attention!

Enter Yorkshire Bank's competition to win an exclusive view of the Tour de Yorkshire.

As official partner of the Tour de Yorkshire two in-car experience places are up for grabs on Friday 1st May and Saturday 2nd May.
ENTER HERE.

Good luck! :okay:

Berk on a Bike

Veteran
The mystery of the fourth jersey was uncovered yesterday. After the GC, points and climber's jerseys were unveiled last week, the organisers left jersey number four under wraps save to say it would be a "first" for pro cycling.
CDGpsyOUgAAxiSG-630x370.jpg

This is the jersey to be awarded for racing aggression, hard work and/or sportsmanship. The "first" is that it will be awarded by virtue of a Twitter poll of the fans. No details as to whether it will be a totally free vote every day or if fans will choose from a shortlist.

Joffey

Big Dosser
Where is everyone watching it from?

I'm planning on Seamer and Scarborough tomorrow then York and Selby on Saturday...

scarborough tomorrow for me, all being well.

Stage 1; doubt I'll get anywhere, unless I decide to drive to Pickering?

Stage 2; the plan is to ride to Selby, to see the start (on the far -eastern- side of the Ouse, as it approaches Barlby)

Stage 3; watch the ceremonial 'roll-out' in Wakefield, then ride up to Otley, to East Chevin, that's one road that will certainly surprise them

SpaCyclist

I am planning to combine watching with a ride. Park near Yedingham - ride to Dalby Forest to watch the climb there, then to Scarborough for the finish. Afterwards, ride back to the car and home. I haven't been on my bike in this area before. Hoping the weather will stay dry and not be too cold.

Unfortunately I have to work for the other two days, which would both be easily reached directly from home.:sad:

Top Bottom