Tour de Yorkshire revealed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
Soo Little Tommy Voeckler, Kittel and some bloke called Bradley then!

Is Bradley Morgan a particular favourite then?

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
Any TV coverage from the start? ITV4 and Eurosport only seem to be covering from 2:30. Racing may not be exciting early on, but I couldn't make it up there in the end and I'd like to see them going through all the areas I know!

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
Any TV coverage from the start? ITV4 and Eurosport only seem to be covering from 2:30. Racing may not be exciting early on, but I couldn't make it up there in the end and I'd like to see them going through all the areas I know!

Couldn't find any in the end. Must admit I'm disappointed ITV4 couldn't do the same as they did for the TdF last year, given they're only showing repeats of Gunsmoke and Pawn Stars instead, but maybe they're in the hands of the TdY organisation or the contract broadcaster.

I am very surprised that the roads are not closed, only got in from work 5 minutes ago and so far the riders have had to overtake cars travelling in the same direction, cyclists not in the race on the roads, and the scariest.....oncoming traffic, not our best road race as far as rider safety goes.

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
Just started a spoilers thread so as not to muddy this one. Roads were closed (rolling closure), see other thread for more.

Even a Wakefield lingerie shop gets in on the act (as did the branch of 'Up & Running' a few shops above it, but couldn't get a picture of that, due to traffic)

11154786_10205688375560943_2078494415633420510_o.jpg

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
It's been disappointing. I thought ITV4 might have got behind the event more. Tomorrow they're not starting coverage until the race is somewhere around Haworth, maybe past Haworth. Possible they might only catch the last two categorised climbs, which from memory aren't big ones anyway. And what are they showing instead? Re-runs of Pawn Stars, then a third rate WW2 film that's been on lots of times before.

Top Bottom