Tour de Yorkshire (Spoilers)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
HF2300

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
Unbelievable crowds in Silsden / Addingham / Ilkley and up the Cow & Calf. Great attack by Josh Edmondson to get over Cow & Calf ahead of the bunch.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Bit of a shame sky controlled the GC so well but pretty interesting for the stage win even without many fireworks. Stunning crowds and a few sillies like the flag but no major incidents and fairly good behaviour.

raindog

er.....
472051914_670.jpg

Attachments

• 472051914_670.jpg
    472051914_670.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 39
OP
OP
HF2300

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
If the race was in Shaftesbury, Dorset they might have had to... :whistle:

I really enjoyed that. Yes, the excitement went out of the GC race, but the crowds were incredible and in many ways the way the GC race went meant there was more interest in points, stage win etc.

Mrs A and I were in Haworth today, where the crowd was large and the atmosphere superb. Here is a shot of Lawson Craddock on his lone bid for glory. We met Lawson in Florence at the Worlds when he was a junior. Mrs A slightly embarrassed herself by asking for a photo "for when you are famous". I then showed her the article about him in the Procycling magazine I had bought at the airport!
Craddock solos in Haworth.jpg

the_mikey

Legendary Member
Mrs A and I were in Haworth today, where the crowd was large and the atmosphere superb. Here is a shot of Lawson Craddock on his lone bid for glory. We met Lawson in Florence at the Worlds when he was a junior. Mrs A slightly embarrassed herself by asking for a photo "for when you are famous". I then showed her the article about him in the Procycling magazine I had bought at the airport!
View attachment 87701

I was in Haworth also, at the bottom of the hill by the railway bridge :okay:

Cubist

Still wavin'
About to set off for Scapegoat Hill. The only time I've ridden up that (it's one of the hardest in the area) a pickup truck pulled along side and offered me a lift to the top. I politely refused.....then regretted it

Dry and reasonably sunny now. Conditions should be perfectly OK for the race
Wish I'd known, Mrs Cube and I were just the other side of the summit. Hobbling distance from my house. I saw one cycle chat jersey tall guy with light curly brown hair,.... So that wasn't you.

Unbelievable crowds in Silsden / Addingham / Ilkley and up the Cow & Calf. Great attack by Josh Edmondson to get over Cow & Calf ahead of the bunch.
It was the same on East Chevin, that was packed

T de Y. 3. 30.JPG

I was just below the '500 metre to summit' board, & it was heaving
(climbing from Otley wasn't made easier by the reluctance of the '25' to engage, had to ride on '23')
Afterwards, it took me almost 20 minutes, to ride to the Airport underpass, due the sheer numbers walking along Otley Old Road!

If the race was in Shaftesbury, Dorset they might have had to... :whistle:

I really enjoyed that. Yes, the excitement went out of the GC race, but the crowds were incredible and in many ways the way the GC race went meant there was more interest in points, stage win etc.
Well...... you could have thought the same, as the peleton crossed Chantry Bridge, with the new Warburtons TV advert, where Stallone runs over it (@ 1.20)

http://www.geograph.org.uk/snippet/13249

Chantry Chapel. 3.jpg

Top Bottom