Tour de Yorkshire (Spoilers)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
As we were walking back over the railway bridge in Haworth, I asked a couple of proud locals (is there any other sort in Yorkshire?) if Yorkshire could keep this up. All the effort and enthusiasm does not come easily. They were convinced they could. They genuinely love it. I particularly enjoyed coming across a bit of the sportive course where the spectators where cheering every rider. Marvellous! If it happens again next year we will be there following just as avidly.

OP
OP
HF2300

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
I've heard estimates between 1 and 1.5 million spectators over the weekend. Long may it continue

As an aside
There was a little article in the (what else!!) 'Yorkshire Post' this morning, from Mark Milsom (the Police Cammander 'on the ground', & also the, Assistant Chief Constable), stating that there'd not be a single criminal offence, related to the race, notified to the Police

That's worthy of note!

The breakaway on Saturday turning onto the main road just outside Stamford Bridge. I was convinced that the Team Wiggins rider was the man himself, but it isn't!

Turn edit.jpg

Hont

Guru
I missed Saturday's stage, but Friday and Sunday were excellent stages in terms of racing, like an Ardennes Classic but more interesting. Not sure whether that was due to no race radios or riders being unfamiliar with the parcours (I suspect both), but whatever the formula I hope to see it in other races.

Top Bottom