Tour Down Under *SPOILERS*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Couch

Über Member
Visconti apparently had a nasty fall and broke his shin.
With this type of injury, it would surprise me if he can come back in form early enough to repeat his strong Giro showing of last year
(as you can see, I am really doing a conscious effort here to use neutral language in this post and avoid any negative/ironic comments about reputations and all... call it my new year's resolution :angel:)

Chistopher Sutton apparently has a little fracture in his wrist, he is looking to return in the Tour of the parking lot... ooh, uhm... I mean Qatar

montage

God Almighty
Kittel wasn't even in anyones wheel as the sprint started and still made up a few bike lengths on Greipel.... amazing!

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Final lap had a wee detour up a bumpy bit. Did for quite a few riders. Kittel finished 8 mins down.

Interesting selection in the lead group over the finish line - wouldn't have expected to see the likes of Ulissi and Bouet in there:
1, GERRANS Simon
2, GREIPEL Andre
3, VON HOFF Steele
4, ULISSI Diego
5, BOUET Maxime
6, GAVAZZI Francesco
7, GESCHKE Simon
8, VALLS FERRI Rafael
9, EVANS Cadel
10, GESINK Robert
11, THOMAS Geraint

And Franck Schleck was in the next group just 4 seconds behind!

Last edited:

thom

____
btw, that a 100% record Phil Liggett has this year for "and Greipel won't be beaten…" as in, that was his call for the Prologue stage a couple of days ago too

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Ulissi is looking in great form. Starting to blossom after showing great potential over the last year or two? A very exciting young rider. Could be one to watch in the Giro this year!

And is Cadel Evans back as a contender as well after his awful season last year? Hmmmm. Interesting!

Last edited:
Top Bottom