Tour of Britain 2014...on my doorstep (may contain SPOILERS)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
I didn't make it to see the TdF, but this is right on my doorstep

The Tour of Britain 2014
Sunday 7 to Sunday 14 September 2014

http://www.tourofbritain.co.uk/stages/#.U8PfsPldXd4

I shall watch from Chinnor or Watlington

Happy Days

---------------------

Stage OneSunday 7th SeptemberLiverpool city centre130kmOverview Map
Stage TwoMonday 8th SeptemberKnowsley to Llandudno197kmOverview Map
Stage ThreeTuesday 9th SeptemberNewtown to The Tumble150kmOverview Map
Stage FourWednesday 10th SeptemberWorcester to Bristol182kmOverview Map
Stage FiveThursday 11th SeptemberExmouth to Exeter171kmOverview Map
Stage SixFriday 12th SeptemberBath to Hemel Hempstead203kmOverview Map
Stage SevenSaturday 13th SeptemberCamberley to Brighton220kmOverview Map
Stage Eight aSunday 14th SeptemberLondon individual time trial presented by TfL8.8kmOverview Map
Stage Eight bSunday 14th SeptemberLondon circuit race presented by TfL88.8km

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Stage Four is on my doorstep - possibly almost literally - might go along the B road I live on, although you can't tell from those toy maps on the link!

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Bit of a shame they haven't included some Cumbrian or Scottish mountains to liven things up, although there are a couple of hilly looking days going through Wales.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I want to see it when it comes to Bristol but I could do with knowing estimated times and route, I can't work out where they come into Bristol as then I could start working out the where!

adscrim

Veteran
Tour of Britain? There's nothing north of London for those of us who live on the east side of the country and nothing north of Liverpool at all.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
I want to see it when it comes to Bristol but I could do with knowing estimated times and route, I can't work out where they come into Bristol as then I could start working out the where!
The website said something about full OS mapping of the route available in 'the summer'.
So hopefully before September, then!

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
The website said something about full OS mapping of the route available in 'the summer'.
So hopefully before September, then!
Yes it's annoying that there isn't any detail. I've tried working out where they will go from Stroud and I do think it could be to the east of the A38, apart from anything it will be lumpier near the Cotswolds. And what time will they arrive in the city, and the resulting road closures to get across to the finish. (The road closures won't bother me, there is always a way through for a bike using other little routes as long as there aren't loads of people standing!)

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Yes it's annoying that there isn't any detail. I've tried working out where they will go from Stroud and I do think it could be to the east of the A38, apart from anything it will be lumpier near the Cotswolds. And what time will they arrive in the city, and the resulting road closures to get across to the finish. (The road closures won't bother me, there is always a way through for a bike using other little routes as long as there aren't loads of people standing!)
I'm pretty sure it will be along the Cotswold Edge somewhere.
This is a guess based on trying to match the wiggles on the ToB map. I gave up at Winterbourne

upload_2014-7-14_15-42-22.png

Attachments

• upload_2014-7-14_15-41-18.png
    upload_2014-7-14_15-41-18.png
    96.3 KB · Views: 32

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I had tried to do similar but didn't take too long on it, I think your route looks better:

TOB-pos.jpg

It was done very quickly but some bits look similar! The Bristol bit was just a guess - couldn't work it out at all! It will be interesting to see how close we come to the actual route ^_^

Last edited:

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Down Park Street to finish?
I wonder if they could go UP Park Street to finish by the Uni! But it would be mean to have a hill finish on something that has been pretty flat since Wotton.

the_mikey

Legendary Member
The ride is alleged to go up Bridge Valley Road and finish on the Clifton Downs on the Worcester to Bristol stage. I will try to ride out of to one of the Cotswold hills to watch the ride pass, then I can enjoy the ride home after. :dance:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I knew they went up Bridge Valley, it's working out how they get across town, maybe come in somewhere near Bradley, and then head across to join the Portway at Seamills?

Ganymede

Veteran
I didn't make it to see the TdF, but this is right on my doorstep

The Tour of Britain 2014
Sunday 7 to Sunday 14 September 2014

I shall watch from Chinnor or Watlington

Happy Days

---------------------

Stage OneSunday 7th SeptemberLiverpool city centre130kmOverview Map
Stage TwoMonday 8th SeptemberKnowsley to Llandudno197kmOverview Map
Stage ThreeTuesday 9th SeptemberNewtown to The Tumble150kmOverview Map
Stage FourWednesday 10th SeptemberWorcester to Bristol182kmOverview Map
Stage FiveThursday 11th SeptemberExmouth to Exeter171kmOverview Map
Stage SixFriday 12th SeptemberBath to Hemel Hempstead203kmOverview Map
Stage SevenSaturday 13th SeptemberCamberley to Brighton220kmOverview Map
Stage Eight aSunday 14th SeptemberLondon individual time trial presented by TfL8.8kmOverview Map
Stage Eight bSunday 14th SeptemberLondon circuit race presented by TfL88.8km
Ooh, ooh, ooh, my sister lives near Watlington!

Top Bottom