Tour of Britain 2015 the Racing (may contain **SPOILERS**)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

the_craig

Über Member
MOD NOTE:
This post has been Copied from the ToB thread in Road Cycling and General Discussions.

Use this one for the Racing aspects and the other for route/ viewing etc discussions. :okay:

The teams taking part in this year's ToB have been announced.

UCI WorldTeams
• BMC Racing (USA)
• Etixx Quick-Step (Belgium)
• IAM Cycling (Switzerland)
• Lotto Soudal (Belgium)
• Movistar Team (Spain)
• Team Cannondale - Garmin (USA)
• Team Lotto NL Jumbo (Netherlands)
• Team Sky (Great Britain)
• Tinkoff - Saxo (Russia)

UCI Pro Continental teams
• Cult Energy Pro Cycling (Denmark)
• MTN Qhubeka (South Africa)
• Team Novo Nordisk (USA)

UCI Continental teams
• An Post Chain Reaction (Ireland)
• JLT Condor presented by Mavic (Great Britain)
• Madison Genesis (Great Britain)
• NFTO (Great Britain)
• ONE Pro Cycling (Great Britain)
• Team Raleigh GAC (Great Britain)
• Team WIGGINS (Great Britain)

National Teams
• Great Britain Cycling Team

Last edited by a moderator:
Impressed with the line-up of teams. The only team I will miss will be Orica Greenedge, as I would have liked to see the twins given a run out.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I'll be interested to see how Geoghan-Hart, Carthy and Alex Peters in the GB team perform. Tao G-H has opted out of Sky to stay at Axeon for another year. Good decision I think.
Carthy is at Caja Rural also m=taking an alternative route, while Peters is signing for Sky.

Cavendish against his young team-mate Gaviria who beat him twice in T de San Luis is interesting too, although there aren't too many obvious sprints.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I'll be interested to see how Geoghan-Hart, Carthy and Alex Peters in the GB team perform. Tao G-H has opted out of Sky to stay at Axeon for another year. Good decision I think.
Carthy is at Caja Rural also m=taking an alternative route, while Peters is signing for Sky.

Cavendish against his young team-mate Gaviria who beat him twice in T de San Luis is interesting too, although there aren't too many obvious sprints.
I caught the end of a Cavendish interview before the live coverage began and it sounded like he wasn't expecting much for himself. Kennaugh, though, sounded like he was keen.

Crandoggler

I thought that!

Big Dave laaa

Biking Ninja
Fantastic turn out in my town of Mold for the TOB. Sprint stage right outside my house. Was a bit gutted that the breakaway hadn't been pulled back before they came through. Looking forward to watching the rest of the weeks riding now

jarlrmai

Veteran
the ToB always has loads of interest, people want the jerseys and intermediates, the racing is fun and you can see they are riding on the same roads we do so you get a better idea of the conditions.

Loved the break really trying until the final K's

Rallybiker

Rule #85
Where I was at the top of Penmynydd hill outside of Llangefni, Anglesey, the break away gap was way more that 9 min. Very impressive margin to pull out in 20 odd miles!

SWSteve

Guru

Wasn't TGH signed on as a stagiare for SKY?

Edit: I know this doesn't mean he will continue as a pro after, but I thought we would give seen more of him in their kit, not the axeon one (even though when his stagiareness was announced it was also said he would race for GB at ToB)

Top Bottom