Tour of Britain - Stage 1 (Rochdale)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jamesxyz

Anyone off to watch this on Sat.

Thinking of heading for the cat 1 climb about 25km in or would i better to go into Rochdale (shiver) to watch the Grand Depart? Might even ride it if the weather's nice!

Dilbert

Mrs Dilbert has won a competition in the local paper so I will be coming down to Rochdale on the train and then returning to Blackpool in one of the Honda ToB Cars. :wahhey: :wahhey: :wahhey:

SBaxter

I will be heading up to Whalley in the car then Riding up to one of the 2 KOM stages in the trough ;) went to see the unveilling at Blackpool tonight and have to say fairly disapointing ;( not many there, weather crap but the fireworks for the "world championship fireworks" were brilliant!

Dilbert

jammy g*t

That was what they said at work too.

A fascinating day, didn't actually see much bike racing but got a good view into the effort that goes into running the event.  I was in one of the Press cars that go out in front of the race, but once the breakaway got clear we stopped to let it go past then followed the team cars until the peloton started to close at which point we had to get out in front again.  We got up to 45mph as the driver tried to keep up with the break coming off The Trough of Bowland KoM.

Really good crowds all they way round, especially considering the weather

Amazing watching the marshalls and Police bikers at work from inside the rolling cordon, and the utter stupidity of some drivers

Garz

Squat Member
Got some cracking pics of team sky (will upload when I get aminute) and met Rich Hammond _ nice bloke.

Was on telly too @ 1st climb - 5 seconds of fame at last!!

Did you get aminute?

rolleyes.gif

Top Bottom