Tour of California Stage 4 (spoiler)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave5N

Über Member
Keith Oates said:
Cavendish made it which is great for him and his team, Boonen was closing in at the end so it looks as if Cav will need to be at his very best to keep ahead of Boonen in future races. It bodes well for some keen finishes throughout the season. Levi still in the lead so the GC is still looking good for him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nah. Cavendish sat up before the line. He knew he had it.

(Mind you, I thought it was gonna be a reverse of last year's Scheldprijs.)

kennykool

Noodley said:
Armstrong for the win today....

You feeling ok Noodley???? Supporting Lance????

Great victory for Cav.

It did look as tho there was snow at the side of the roads -weird

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
The only thing Cav lacks at the moment is the positional sense to be aways in the right place at the right time. That's what did for him the stage before. But it's a minor thing when you have the power and determination, and the disciplined lead-out team he has. No-one can beat him in a straight-up sprint right now. Boonen knows this.

What's interesting too is that there are always questions about his 'arrogance', yet what is the first thing he always says after a win. It is 'team, team team'. not 'me, me, me'. Arrogance like that any team would be happy with.

kennykool

You're dead right FM - he has enough arrogance to make him a succesful sprinter, but I like how he always congrtualtes the team for getting him in the position to win stages.

I never saw the stage before that you talk of - but heard he just didn't pick up at the right time......with George Hincapie leading you out tho - you must have a good chance at any stage.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
kennykool said:
I never saw the stage before that you talk of - but heard he just didn't pick up at the right time......with George Hincapie leading you out tho - you must have a good chance at any stage.

From what I read he got into a bit of a struggle for position with a rider from another team... though that may have been because he dropped off a little.

trio25

Über Member
My recorded coverage cut off before the end, fortunately I could come on here for an update!

Noodley

kennykool said:
You feeling ok Noodley???? Supporting Lance????

No, but I thought he might take extra magic juice want the win.

You up for going out sometime soon for a 200(ish)? Me and a couple of guys from my club are starting riding 200(ish)s on a fairly regular basis from this weekend onwards if you fancy it? Nothing fast yet for me, but should be building up. We're setting off from Kirrie at 7.30am on Sunday for Dunning if you can make it. Bring a repair kit :biggrin:

kennykool

Noodley said:
No, but I thought he might take extra magic juice want the win.

You up for going out sometime soon for a 200(ish)? Me and a couple of guys from my club are starting riding 200(ish)s on a fairly regular basis from this weekend onwards if you fancy it? Nothing fast yet for me, but should be building up. We're setting off from Kirrie at 7.30am on Sunday for Dunning if you can make it. Bring a repair kit :biggrin:

Defo Noodley.Golf comp this Sunday.....I'll private message you some dates I'm free.

Def getting a repair kit for this one ha ha

Top Bottom