Tour of California Stage 7 (spoiler)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
Penultimate day and some big climbing in the first half of the race however there is still 60 Km after the top of the last hill before the finish so this will be another team work day with perhaps a climber showing the way and getting some bonuses, going up the hills. I love to see see hill (mountain) top finishes and it's something we dont'd seem to have in this race!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Domestique

Über Member
I love to see see hill (mountain) top finishes and it's something we dont'd seem to have in this race!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me too :laugh:

Maybe they will come in future years, at the moment though I get the impression it a case of 'Sell cycling to the American puplic' and city finish's attract more people.
The crowd was impressive yesterday imo.

iLB

Hello there
well that was good :blush:

o btw false flat? (aka hill)??

EDIT: and how does Levi keep getting the yellow jersey even though he seems to b doing **** all???

Noodley

ilovebikes said:
well that was good :blush:

o btw false flat? (aka hill)??

EDIT: and how does Levi keep getting the yellow jersey even though he seems to b doing **** all???

Cos he's ahead on overall time. Astana controlled the peleton today and did not chase cos all the breakaway riders were not a threat to him - if someone close to him had been in the breakaway they would have chased them down.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I agree with Keith. The commercial pressures seem to be (at least at the moment) overriding what would make the race so much better...

Radius

SHREDDER
Good finish today, nice close sprint (but quite slow). Astana bossing the peloton as well. Hushovd seems to have been a slight let down since the early stages...

roadiewill

bloody eurosport

OP
OP
Keith Oates

Keith Oates

Janner
The days final positions :

Results
1 Rinaldo Nocentini (AG2R La Mondiale)
2 Hayden Roulston (Cervélo TestTeam)
3 Pieter Weening (Rabobank)
4 Markus Zberg (BMC Racing Team)
5 Martin Elmiger (AG2R La Mondiale)
6 Chris Baldwin (Rock Racing)
7 George Hincapie (Team Columbia - Highroad)
8 Fränk Schleck (Team Saxo Bank)

General classification after stage 7

1 Levi Leipheimer (Astana)
2 David Zabriskie (Garmin - Slipstream)
3 Michael Rogers (Team Columbia - Highroad)
4 Jens Voigt (Team Saxo Bank)
5 Thomas Lövkvist (Team Columbia - Highroad)

Some hard racing and Hincapie deserved to have got a better position after his hard work, but that's racing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom