Tour of Dubai

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thom

____
Taylor Phinney has the fastest time from Steve Cummings at the moment.
The excitement is unbearable but luckily there are loads of pictures of big buildings to calm me down.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Taylor Phinney has the fastest time from Steve Cummings at the moment.
The excitement is unbearable but luckily there are loads of pictures of big buildings to calm me down.
And nice fountains!
I spotted a shot of a cyclist just now too

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Dowsett was surprisingly off-form today - I know sprinters always do better than normal in these short tests, but normally you wouldn't have expected Cav to be ahead of him, especially as Cav is by all accounts still carrying a little extra winter weight.

OP
OP
The Couch

The Couch

Über Member
And nice fountains!
I spotted a shot of a cyclist just now too
Saw a piece of it yesterday evening on Eurosport... indeed I don't know what those cameramen were told to do, but you did get the feeling they were just shooting a sightseeing of Dubai and when they noticed there was a bike race going on, they thought that showing some of that might be a great addition to the sightseeing bit

OP
OP
The Couch

The Couch

Über Member
Impressive run by Phinney though, he had quite some margin on everyone.... could the wind perhaps have been in another direction when he did the course?
(Also pretty nice from Lasse Norman Hansen... a new name, but it seems he's really cut out for this)

thom

____
Saw a piece of it yesterday evening on Eurosport... indeed I don't know what those cameramen were told to do, but you did get the feeling they were just shooting a sightseeing of Dubai and when they noticed there was a bike race going on, they thought that showing some of that might be a great addition to the sightseeing bit
The commentators eventually apologised for that claiming the tall buildings interfered with the signal transmission.

raindog

er.....
link here, if anyone's interested
http://www.coolsport.tv/kiwi26.html

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Kittel wins. Cav's lead-out train never really came together and he was not in contention. OPQS have work to do if they want to compete with Kittel and Sagan this season.

OP
OP
The Couch

The Couch

Über Member
Interesting because at the start of the stage, Cav was saying that OPQS have now got the best lead-out train, having invested heavily.
They might have (who am I to argue)... but the fact remains that the "trains" of Lotto-Belisol and Shimano have been together for a couple of years now and have way more experience together. Adjusting to each other will take time (and might take more than a season even)

thom

____

Yeah - work to do for OPQS but still something of a phoney war. I mean, we haven't yet started the mighty Tour of Oman yet have we...?

thom

____
Quite a bumpy stage in the last 15 km, enough to make it interesting.
The local team's breakaway caught on the penultimate hump, Valverde, Tony Martin, Rui Costa all had attacks.
Sagan was up there at the end, as was Steve Cummings and Taylor Phinney as a group of around 30 came to the line.
All eyes on Sagan when out from nowhere popped Kittel to take the win. So actually an entertaining finale.

Top Bottom