Tower to Tower!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mikeIow

Guru
Well, after months of waiting, the time is nigh......my buddy and I have done our training runs, the tyres are pumped, bags almost packed.....the micro adventure begins tomorrow :smile:

Heading to Londinium for an overnighter near Tower Bridge, before setting off first thing Sunday.....our goal: to make Paris for a picnic lunch at the Eiffel Tower by Wednesday!

I know this will be a breeze to many here, but it's a proper adventure for us.....especially me: I've racked up over 500 miles this year, which is more than I have done in the past 5 years, I reckon!
Here's to some nice gaps in the rain :smile:
Cheers
Mike......
https://www.justgiving.com/Mike-London-2-Paris-2014/

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I've met people who've done London to Paris in a day. I reckon they're missing the point somewhere because there are places to digest (and eat before, obviously) in between . Good luck with the tour des tours.

OP
OP
mikeIow

mikeIow

Guru
Hey Trikeman, yours was a web page that I read......very good, although that downhill clip with no helmet scared me! Must admit, it did get me googling trikes for a while, quite fancy a go on one now!

I have banned the rain, we are ferrying during the day, and we have a support team ambling along for the hols (well, we head on to Belgium afterwards for a weekend of drinking and volleyball!)

& yes, Donald's site was an inspiration too!
I have a Teasi Pro as my luxury gadget nav.....just hoping it does the biz, else our ~300km could turn out to be a lot longer !

Thx for all the nice wishes, I'm sure we will have a blast!

Last edited:

young Ed

Veteran
[QUOTE="mikeIow, post: 3210221, member: 21342"helmet [/QUOTE]
noooooooooo! you went there, that is the :evil: word

anyway good luck with the ride should be good fun
may i ask what bikes? oh and what distance per day?
Cheers Ed

OP
OP
mikeIow

mikeIow

Guru
I wasn't passing judgement on the H word - I personally prefer to NOT use one & personally feel they are of limited use.....*but* down hill at speed.....well, I feel "safer" with one then!
I reckon these invisible ones are the future - http://www.hovding.com :-)

Ed, my mate is on his Kaffenback (proper road bike!), I am on my Trek 7.6FX hybrid. I like the idea of a trike though ;-)

The plan is about 55 miles day 1 (to our friends place near Newhaven), day 2 will be 15 miles, 4 hour ferry, 35 miles....day 3 (I suspect the killer!) 70 miles, then a positively lightweight 30 miles into Paris and back out....to relax for a day or so before our volleyball weekend kicks in :-)

Top Bottom