Towns you've been to, but you're not quite sure which town it is.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
image.jpg
image.jpg
I went for a jolly down to Bournemouth today. Along the way, I thought I'd stop, and take in some of the picturesque towns and villages. On the way, I passed the sign for Christchurch, a few minutes up the road, I saw a sign for "town centre", now it was a fair way from the last signpost, so I wasn't sure which 'town centre' I was actually going to. Then, further up the road, I came across another "town centre" sign. This really was a (bit of) a mystery, as I hadn't actually passed a town sign as such (turns out it was Boscombe) but I had to do some sleuthing to be sure. Thankfully there was no such ambiguity about Bournemouth. Have you happened across a "town centre" with such crap signage, that you weren't one hundred percent sure where you were?

Last edited:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
So, when you say "take in some picturesque towns and villages" ... you mean "Stopped for a pint at every pub i passed" ... and your confusion was all down to inebriation?

Drago

Legendary Member
I once went to Rugby. Part of it was like Aleppo, the other half like Hicksville USA. Very strange town.

While not a town, Leeds Castle being 300 miles from Leeds always seems a bit daft.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
[QUOTE 3346723, member: 259"]Warwick University. It's not actually in Warwick, which is miles away. It's in Coventry. :wacko:[/QUOTE]
Actually, it isn't really in Coventry either, it is halfway between Coventry and Kenilworth. (Ok, Canley and Tile Hill now stretch out to it but I think that it was in open countryside when it was built.)

Coventry university is in Coventry, though it was known as Lanchester Polytechnic before that. I had the honour of dropping out of my first degree course there!

young Ed

Veteran
I once went to Rugby. Part of it was like Aleppo, the other half like Hicksville USA. Very strange town.

While not a town, Leeds Castle being 300 miles from Leeds always seems a bit daft.
are you near leeds castle? it only 20 miles round the corner from me
Cheers Ed

Slightly OT.

I have cycled in some rough areas in my time, Toxteth, Gorbals and Cheetham Hill to name a few

However the only place I have ever had a "Spidey Sense" hat I was uncomfortable and wanted to do a Ross Kemp and "get myself out of there" was a town on the Scottish Borders called Annan

To this day I cannot tell you why, but I was just uncomfortable being there

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 3346723, member: 259"]Warwick University. It's not actually in Warwick, which is miles away. It's in Coventry. :wacko:[/QUOTE]

This is a bit like every Ryanair airports

London Stansted........

Hamburg Lübeck........

They are all miles away from where they should be.

I have cycled in Dover and Rome which are both in Denmark.

Top Bottom