Track pursuit bars

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Martin McNeely

Hi all, looking for some info. I'm doing a pursuit race at the end of the month (dec) and I'm wondering if I can put clip ons on my handle bars in the drop in session (SCHV) before I invest in a set of pursuit bars to attach them too or go the full road and get proper tt/pursuit bars. I've already got the clip ons sitting about doing nothing.
Working Sundays leaves me sitting on a Saturday night with ideas going through my head while the wife watches X factor.
Cheers

May be worth calling the velo ... I would be surprised if they said yes
At Manchester They would when the riders/session is off the track for 10 mins break.. providing the coach agreed .

Last edited:
OP
OP
Martin McNeely

Martin McNeely

I would have thought that, I'll phone in the morning and see if I can get a answer. Is it as simple as attaching clip ons to pursuit bars for a pursuit race or do they have to be track specific?

OP
OP
Martin McNeely

Martin McNeely

I'll wait till Monday morning session and ask one of the coaches, will also ask the other guys at track league if they use any. If they need to be track specific I'll probably just race with the drops, I can never get the right equipment first time!

OP
OP
Martin McNeely

Martin McNeely

Brilliant, hopefully it's the same. By the time I race it should have a pursuit set but would like to play about a little with positions etc, cheers.

zizou

Veteran
I'll wait till Monday morning session and ask one of the coaches, will also ask the other guys at track league if they use any. If they need to be track specific I'll probably just race with the drops, I can never get the right equipment first time!

If the drop in is quiet then they will often let you ride with them if you ask.

Is this for the Christmas pies and pursuits night? If so then last year alot of riders didnt use pursuit bars just standard drops. If you can try and practice with your team beforehand, getting the changes and pacing right makes a huge difference - particularly for the start and winding things up to speed.

OP
OP
Martin McNeely

Martin McNeely

Yes it's for pie's and pursuit. I'm in a two man team and my teammate just got accreditation but we've done a few TTT. For the time they'd actually save me at my level there probably not worth it but I'd also like to use them for some specific training at the drop ins.

OP
OP
Martin McNeely

Martin McNeely

Just for clarification, I did ask and the clip ons are allowed providing the other riders don't have any objections. I went along and there was only one other rider and he didn't mind. Don't think I'd use them in a busier session tho. Unfortunately I won't be doing the pies and pursuit now but it would be good to do some tt training on the track.

Top Bottom