Transfers and rumours 2020/2021

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adam4868

Guru
He seems to have been more active this season. Than last

Or maybe I just happen to have noticed him a bit more
He's no slouch,what has he had couple of podiums this year ? But I don't think he's ever really hit his DSM form for UAE.
Yea I know UAE are stacked with talent and it's a tough place to earn a leaders role,but maybe with Tudor or whoever can afford him he can be guaranteed that.
I'm just bitter as he won me a fair bit of cash when first on the scene....😁

But I don't think he's ever really hit his DSM form for UAE.

DSM had a magic touch for a season-or-two, out-playing much "stronger" teams. Don't know if it's the case with Hirschi, but he may have been very lucky to race for them in that period ...

Adam4868

Guru
DSM had a magic touch for a season-or-two, out-playing much "stronger" teams. Don't know if it's the case with Hirschi, but he may have been very lucky to race for them in that period ...
Marc Hirschi: "Changing team doesn't make a big difference, you still have to ride your bike fast"
Let's hope he finds his magic back at Tudor....failing that there's always the Tour of Luxembourg 😁

tarric

Über Member
He's no slouch,what has he had couple of podiums this year ? But I don't think he's ever really hit his DSM form for UAE.
Yea I know UAE are stacked with talent and it's a tough place to earn a leaders role,but maybe with Tudor or whoever can afford him he can be guaranteed that.
I'm just bitter as he won me a fair bit of cash when first on the scene....😁
His first season and a 1/2 with UAE were a bit of a drop off but much of that was down to injury. He picked it back up last year with 2 GC's and 5 other wins along with a handful of top 3 and top 5 finishes moving him up to 12th in the UCI rankings above the likes of Pidcock, Skjelmose and Landa, so far this year he has a win in the Drome Classic a 2nd in the Amstel and a 3rd in Milan-Torino and moving up to 9th in the rankings.

Last edited:

Adam4868

Guru
His first season and a 1/2 with UAE were a bit of a drop off but much of that was down to injury. He picked it back up last year with 2 GC's and 5 other wins along with a handful of top 3 and top 5 finishes moving him up to 12th in the UCI rankings above the likes of Pidcock, Skjelmose and Landa, so far this year he has a win in the Drome Classic a 2nd in the Amstel and a 3rd in Milan-Torino and moving up to 9th in the rankings.

Almost makes you wonder why they're letting him go when you put it like that...
Going back to 2020 the Tour wow and then what was it 3,1,2 in Worlds,Fleche and Liege he was a different class.Didn't even ride a 3 week race last year.
For me he more than likely left DSM for the big money,he must of thought he'd be in with a shout for a GC place aswell ? Makes sense if he does go to Tudor and gets more chances to lead. To be honest I thought he was in top ten for UCI points when I looked,it's not really something I take much notice of.
Other than that I quite like him 😁

Last edited:

tarric

Über Member
Almost makes you wonder why they're letting him go when you put it like that...
Going back to 2020 the Tour wow and then what was it 3,1,2 in Worlds,Fleche and Liege he was a different class.Didn't even ride a 3 week race last year.
For me he more than likely left DSM for the big money,he must of thought he'd be in with a shout for a GC place aswell ? Makes sense if he does go to Tudor and gets more chances to lead. To be honest I thought he was in top ten for UCI points when I looked,it's not really something I take much notice of.
Other than that I quite like him 😁
I'm a bit surprised that they might let him go. I don't really see him as GC rider in the big races, a stage winner and a one day racer for me, he's a good reliable points scorer and at 25 just coming into his prime so for a team that's looking to stay a WT or a team looking to become a WT he would be a good investment. I'm pretty sure it was the money he left for but then when you look at the team Sunweb had back then I think a lot moved for the money.

Top Bottom