TT bars

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andywinds

Are these a good idea and more comfortable for longer flatter rides. I've not seen many bikes with them so maybe not very practical unless training for TT races?

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
The point of them is to get you into a more aero position for speed . I think some touring bikes use something along the same lines so maybe look at those ?

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Some long distance riders swear by them. A lot of the Transcontinental race entants use them. I tried them and had a job controlling the bike.

I would suggest you borrow a set for a few rides and see how you get on with them.

OP
OP
Andywinds

Andywinds

Ok thanks all, I don't have anyone I can borrow from. I only really road cycle on my own. I could always wait and see if the come up here for sale?

400bhp

Guru
They are not meant for long distance cycling and the position they put you in is unlikely to be comfortable for long periods of time.

vickster

Legendary Member
Do you always cycle on the drops on the flat and downhill? If not maybe get into riding that way, gives you a more aero position

MickeyBlueEyes

Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat.
Are these a good idea and more comfortable for longer flatter rides. I've not seen many bikes with them so maybe not very practical unless training for TT races?
Ask yourself the question "is my current set up comfortable on long, flat rides?" If you would like to try TT bars because the answer is no then sort that out. TT Bars are not more comfortable than drops/hoods but equally, when set up correctly they are no less comfortable. They do give you another position to choose from so dependant on what you want to get out if the ride they can be a good thing. Riders smash the RAAM on them and that is some distance!!!

OP
OP
Andywinds

Andywinds

Ask yourself the question "is my current set up comfortable on long, flat rides?" If you would like to try TT bars because the answer is no then sort that out. TT Bars are not more comfortable than drops/hoods but equally, when set up correctly they are no less comfortable. They do give you another position to choose from so dependant on what you want to get out if the ride they can be a good thing. Riders smash the RAAM on them and that is some distance!!!
I sometimes feel that I want to stretch out my arms over the existing bars in longer straighter rides.

Top Bottom