Turbo Trainer somewhat worn!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Lock down purchase but heavily used by my OH, she said during he last session it started making a noise, turn out the "groove" has worn right through so the "inside" layer has a small crack right through it.

Luckily we'd both bought one, but mine was hardly used so we have a spare.

I might be able to reverse the black roller is i take it apart which might then line up so she can wear another groove if it doesnt overlap with the first, but possibly not enough remaining material there
1000020651.jpg

Last edited:

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
good goin that!

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
If she uses it that often, I'd suggest she's a prime candidate for upgrading to a direct drive unit.

This. If I'm reading that picture right and the whole groove has been worn by a bike wheel, then I dread to think of the quantities rubber dust and bits and general rubbery muck that this has generated. My wheel-on turbo was really messy (It had a metal roller)

OP
OP
T4tomo

T4tomo

Legendary Member
This. If I'm reading that picture right and the whole groove has been worn by a bike wheel, then I dread to think of the quantities rubber dust and bits and general rubbery muck that this has generated.
You are reading that correctly.
You can see some of it (grey / blue) on the turbo unit! Surprisingly still on the same turbo tyre after 4 years of use, it must be a hard compound. The unit when in use sits on a piece of offcut carpet, which gets a regular vacuuming.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
You are reading that correctly.
You can see some of it (grey / blue) on the turbo unit! Surprisingly still on the same turbo tyre after 4 years of use, it must be a hard compound. The unit when in use sits on a piece of offcut carpet, which gets a regular vacuuming.

I didn't use a turbo specific tyre on mine, which probably contributed to the generation of rubber crumbs.

Top Bottom