Turbo with old bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

digit

I have an older bike with bolt on back wheel, wanting to get a turbo for the winter but all I've seen are suitable with quick release wheels.
Anyone know different or do I have to change from bolt on to hollow axle?

Cheers
digit

Crandoggler

You can buy adapters, depending on the turbo. Or buy a new wheel with QR.

OP
OP
D

digit

Thanks for the replies,
don't want to go down the new wheel as this will probably end up on the turbo full time when I get a new bike ...(soon I hope^_^),
Richard, new hollow the same length as current axle? with QR.

Trull

Über Member
Huh? My turbo is fully adjustable? You just screw it in and out with a lever to clamp the axle to finish. Am I missing something here? You just need the adaptors.

Trull

Über Member
I have a Cyclops Fluid 2, been using it for a while, as it was the quietest magneto-fluid trainer with a proper leak free design. Its also pretty heavy duty… like my middle :-)
I don't need an adaptor as I have standard campag steel QR skewers, and the amount of adjustment is really large so it would take a much wider axel than my 135mm or 130mm rear hubs…or indeed an adaptor for different axel styles.

stephec

Legendary Member
If you're sure it's only going to be used on the turbo you could saw the spare axle off flush with the outside edge of the nuts.

That way it'll have the same shape/profile as a QR fitting.

OP
OP
D

digit

Thanks lads,

think I'll get a turbo and see whats what. If I have to change/adapt then no real issue.

Cheers

Top Bottom