Two way communicator/intercom for trailer...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi guys, I've just started using a child trailer on my mountain bike, and would like to be able to hear/talk to my 19month year old while I'm riding to reassure her.

Does anyone know of a cheap/light method for doing this? I've tried googling it without much luck yet!

Thanks guys! (I'm thinking there may be a childs toy communicator or walkietalkie type thing?)

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Just shout.... KISS!

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
You did say cheap & light.

comms.png

GC

zacklaws

Guru
Just take a rock each and tap the letters out on your top tube like they do on the pipes in prison. You'll soon pick up a code to simplyfy it

johnml

I am working on a solution to this problem. I have a wired intercom for communication on a tandem bike. I can get an intercom system much like the one I have for about 13 dollars on the internet. I also have several sets of small, portable speakers that we have used on the tandem with our mp3 players. I also have an old microphone that plugs into a computer sound board. I have figured out how to do the wiring to hook up the speakers and the microphone to one 3.5 mm plug. I am waiting for the connectors to arrive and when they get here, I will construct a little box with two 3.5 mm input jacks and one 3.5 mm output plug. One input jack will take the microphone input and the other will take the plug from the speakers. The wiring inside the box will make the output plug function just like the plug on the mic/earphone unit that comes with the cheap intercom kit. Inspiration for doing this comes from one of my son's who would like such a system for use with his little kids. If you are still interested, I could post more about this when I get it built.

Drago

Legendary Member
Get some PMR 446 handsets. You can wear the earpiece while you're riding, and the other can be given to your kiddie (of if they're too young to operate it you can set the vOX function to automatically transmit when the speak). The gear is cheap, robust, portable, and can also be used for other stuff.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Get some PMR 446 handsets. You can wear the earpiece while you're riding, and the other can be given to your kiddie (of if they're too young to operate it you can set the vOX function to automatically transmit when the speak). The gear is cheap, robust, portable, and can also be used for other stuff.
Couldn't you just swipe him a couple of walkie talkies from work ? ^_^

Top Bottom