UK Police – Dereliction of Duty

Are you getting fair treatment from the Police when making complaints about unsafe driver behaviour?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Origamist

Legendary Member
Well it is not 2020 yet, and the Police had time to interview me for an hour, a few officers had time to view the video, the decision was made to give the driver a section 171. A Police Officer then had time to drive to the offenders home, and play the video to the driver (who is also a motorcyclist) and his wife. The driver explained that he sounded his horn so the cyclist would get out of his way (into the door zone that cyclist and motorcyclist are told to avoid). The Officer accepted this as acceptable behaviour and decided not to give the driver the planned section 171. All the time needed had already been found and taken. Simple, the Police do still have plenty of time, they are just extremely bad at their job IMO

That's idiotic reasoning, but it doesn't surprise me. Did you have the energy to argue the toss?

On the plus side, the driver has at least had a visit from the police and he's now on their radar.

OP
OP
TheVexatiousLitigant

TheVexatiousLitigant

Über Member
That's idiotic reasoning, but it doesn't surprise me. Did you have the energy to argue the toss?

On the plus side, the driver has at least had a visit from the police and he's now on their radar.
Yes, poor guy knows he must go to the trouble of sounding his horn before driving dangerously, or he may or may not be in trouble

Well, I know when I take photos of dangerous obstructions, I get the "terror threat" speech and the wanting to know my name and details.

I don't think there's much inclination to uphold decent standards of vehicle use by South Yorkshire Police..

I'm not sure how any vehicle leaving their car park (in photo 2) can see cyclists coming downhill from the left, behind their hired minibus

CY7IR3DWAAA_yh_.jpg
CY7IRvyW8AAecOB.jpg
CY7ISFJWwAIiL3K.jpg
CZAnaiIWYAEn_KK.jpg

Top Bottom