UKIP's transport policy: get benefit claimants and cyclists off the road

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Nope.
Double-face-palm.jpg

Dmcd33

Looks like a spoof? But I fear it's probably not.

Has anyone verified it (found it elsewhere on the NET?)

Taking the grammar into account, are you sure it's from UKIP and not Count Arthur?

(That will only be relevant to anyone who watched last night's episode).

Drago

Legendary Member
I can see me having problems round our village and most of the roads I use cos there are no bleeding footpaths.

And why the liberal use of capital letters and bold or highlighted type? Do they think we're chuffing stupid?

OP
OP
glasgowcyclist

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Looks like a spoof? But I fear it's probably not.

Has anyone verified it (found it elsewhere on the NET?)

I've not been able to verify it, only found this on Buzzfeed attributing the leaflet to UKIP candidate Lynton Yates.

"A UKIP spokesman disowned the statements, and told BuzzFeed News: “These are not UKIP policies and they will not form part of the UKIP manifesto.”
Yates did not return repeated requests for comment."

GC

Hitchington

Lovely stuff
Trouble is the UKIPs don't have much coherent policy on anything apart from "rid Britain of foreign people." Each candidate has their own set of local policies ranging from the daft to the downright dangerous. They're a mixed bunch of racists, homophobes and now it seems anti-cyclists. I suppose they judge the content of their election leaflet on what ever lowest common denominator they think will get them votes. That and "no more brown people."

Strange. Why would UKIP hate the modern safety bicycle, basically invented in the UK? Is it because it's usually considered to be from Coventry?
Because UKIP's demographic will include what it perceives as the majority and excludes anyone it considers a minority particularly those that they perceive as a financial drain or an inconvenience - which includes cyclists.

A party of idiots for idiots.

StuartG

slower but further
What I can't stand about UKIP is their inconsistency. Bikes, benefit claimants - but what about <sssshh>black cars oh, and dark brown ones too. Plus pink cars 'cos we know who drives those. And Dacias 'cos some filthy Romany will have not washed his hands after defecating. What have I missed?

Got it! Women drivers. They should walk behind except when waxing it.

Drago

Legendary Member
I spent worry. We're not going to get a UK UP government, and if we did the country hasn't got a pot to pith in so there'd be no sponduliks to pay for administering and enforcing any of this. Even the Labour party cost their manifesto policies, although their cos projections have traditionally been a work of fiction worthy of Douglas Adams.

Top Bottom