Unbelievable another one walks free

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If only mob justice was allowed. A public lynching of this fellow here would be rather satisfying
giphy.gif

classic33

Leg End Member
It's a sad fact that few drivers actually get convicted, or indeed to court. The Police have to have a water tight case before it even gets there. You can see why the Police don't take things further at times as the bureaucracy gets in the way, and a conviction is unlikely.
Even when they have a watertight case, driver with no license, having just blown over the limit, they don't seem to be bothered.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
I normally avoid getting involved with death-by threads but I remember this one because it's very close to where I work and I've used the A343 often enough returning from rides around the North Wessex Downs. It's perfectly rideable and there's no mitigating reason why this should have happened. The knuckle dragger is as guilty as sin (my money's on the holy trinity of drink, drugs and mobile) and is clearly one of planet Earth's biggest ****s.

I struggle with the sentence but in the end plod weren't able to assemble the evidence to support a more 'appropriate' conviction. It could be that Hants five-oh couldn't be arsed, but given the time and knowing the location I suspect they might actually have done their best but there was very little for them to find.

Rest assured though, if I see laughing boy in the Andover Tescos I'll call him a **** to his face.

Last edited:

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Like ive been told.... we are pretty much dealing with a organisation thats had at least 40% of cutbacks in every single way. Less bobbies on the beat, less bobbies to process your claim & all the other crucial stuff when a crime has taken place.

The justice system sucks -- there's no denying that but we are demanding more and more from a force thats already pretty stretched.

classic33

Leg End Member
Like ive been told.... we are pretty much dealing with a organisation thats had at least 40% of cutbacks in every single way. Less bobbies on the beat, less bobbies to process your claim & all the other crucial stuff when a crime has taken place.

The justice system sucks -- there's no denying that but we are demanding more and more from a force thats already pretty stretched.
How about just doing the job for which they are being paid? Hardest working, visibly working, officer in the town center, is a PCSO.

The system is there and in place, it's when it's not followed the shortcomings are shown. And that's when they get off.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
How about just doing the job for which they are being paid? Hardest working, visibly working, officer in the town center, is a PCSO.

The system is there and in place, it's when it's not followed the shortcomings are shown. And that's when they get off.

PSCO's might not have the same powers as the regular police though. PSCO's powers have always been limited.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro

I know it's frustrating and plod often don't do themselves any favours, but how much manpower would you need to patrol a roundabout at 1am in a Hampshire market town? Without an eye-witness, there's only the word of the perp and physical evidence. If there's no physical evidence.....

If we accept that convictions must be both evidence-based and 'beyond reasonable doubt', then crap like this is going to happen. The alternative is people ending up in jail when they've been convicted on hearsay, prejudice and patronage.

classic33

Leg End Member
I know it's frustrating and plod often don't do themselves any favours, but how much manpower would you need to patrol a roundabout at 1am in a Hampshire market town? Without an eye-witness, there's only the word of the perp and physical evidence. If there's no physical evidence.....

If we accept that convictions must be both evidence-based and 'beyond reasonable doubt', then crap like this is going to happen. The alternative is people ending up in jail when they've been convicted on hearsay, prejudice and patronage.
Or you go through the system, have those paid for running/operating the system failing to do so, and someone walks free.

This is headed for sc&p

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
It's nice that they plastered a good mugshot in the papers though. I know how I'd be spending my free time if I were a member of the grieving family

Top Bottom