Used small frame road bike £300-£500

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Matt12345

I am looking for a used road bike in the region of £300-£500. I am 5"7 and currently riding a 52cm frame.
Please feel free to post any road bikes that you feel would fit me. I am in the Essex region but am willing to travel to collect

Cubist

Still wavin'
How about a 56cm Cube Peloton SL? I wanted a bit more for it, but it would suit you sizewise and you won't spend a better £500.
https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/cube-peloton-sl-2015.201664/

Cubist

Still wavin'
Cube had a reputation for oversized frames once over. I ordered the 56 on that premise, as I am 5'11" with a 32 inch inside leg. To my disappointment it was too small. I cut my losses and used a medium/large Planet X frame to swap all the bits onto. The frame is simultaneously marked 56 and "S". It's definitely nearer a 54. The bars are 40cm wide, which in my mind puts it firmly in small territory. I think it would have suited the OP had he not lived so far away.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Sounds like it might have fit then , i remeasured my commuter although its 54cm ctr to ctr measured along the top tube its more like a 55/56 if you measure virtual , thats probably why i need an 80 stem.Really to big for me but it fits as set up .

My plan is to buy a new frame eg a planet x or ribble carbon frame in the future and transfer my current nice bike bits over then use that frame for my commuter, i just need to start saving and hope that the retailers keep their prices fixed :smile: £300 ish is doable .
I was bidding on a frame on flea bay but its at 143 + pand p atm. i do like the look of this ...
http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/ribble-evo-pro-red-frameset/

Obviously a new bike would be the answer but it is not going to happen what with kids and looking at a newer car next year as ours has some weird electrical issues where the hazards will randomly come on maybe once every couple of months , power steering went off once till i restarted the ignition etc .Unfortunately the loan isnt over till next Feb so we have to manage.Pity as although its an 8 plate it only has 36k on the clock .
Trying to convince swmbo about a dacia sandero as the car is mainly her pootler for kids / shopping etc and i might drive it the odd occasion with only long trips a few times a year .

Top Bottom