Vaccination vs anti-vaccination.

Vac or anti-vac?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

albion

Guru
At the moment, we have no loony wrong doctrine(a political nature, not scientific) on vaccination so it is mainly all pro.

OTT parents not vaccinating seem to be causing that increase in old diseases. So, in such a strange world, the future we could see parents being sued for causing new epidemics.

Maybe we should ask all those kids who suffered from small pox. O yea, that's right, we can't, they are dead. :biggrin:

Just to be pedantic.... so are many of the ones who didn't catch small pox

Edited... or you could ask the ones that survived - estimates of fatality range from 20 - 80% depending on age and type

Last edited:
There should be a law that stops misguided religious parents who on the basis of their view of their religion do not allow their children access to the right medication and treatment.

How far do you want to push this?

There are those who would be for a law that stops misguided parents riding bicycles with children on board !

Katherine

Guru
There are people who can't have vaccinations. They can only be protected by the herd immunity.
Some parents don't consider serious complications that are possible with these illnesses. Children who are unvaccinated are relying on the immunity of their peers.

How far do you want to push this?

There are those who would be for a law that stops misguided parents riding bicycles with children on board !

Yet a hear a religion that forbids the riding of bicycles. Must be a first. Goes to show how sheltered I am .

Yet a hear a religion that forbids the riding of bicycles. Must be a first. Goes to show how sheltered I am .

Try Islam....

Women are not allowed to ride bicycles for a number of reasons including the fact that the clothing may form against the body revealing the shape. In Saudi Arabia there has been a relaxation, and women can now ride bicycles, but only is specific leisure areas wearing full robes and accompanied by a male relative

OP
OP
mickle

mickle

innit

the_mikey

Legendary Member
There's no right or wrong, vaccinations are not a guaranteed fix against a virus, but the evidence for vaccinations is positive, equally you could argue for natural selection as an equally valid response, but the end result is no more likely to please the people who argue against vaccinations.

BigAl68

Über Member
Suzanne humphries is a bit of a nut job IMO. She gives lots of credence to science but has given up medical practice in favour of homeopathic practice. But everyone has their own opinion but personally having worked in health care for the last 10 years with my trust having stopped offering homeopathic treatment I take her medical opinions with a large pinch of sodium chloride

Try Islam....

Women are not allowed to ride bicycles for a number of reasons including the fact that the clothing may form against the body revealing the shape. In Saudi Arabia there has been a relaxation, and women can now ride bicycles, but only is specific leisure areas wearing full robes and accompanied by a male relative

You got me there. Thanks

I guess Marx was right on at least one thing - religion.

Drago

Legendary Member
I guess all this business with vaccination is like the parallel argument about seatbelts. Sure, there may be occasions where the seatbelt malfunctions or performs in a manner that make the injuries worse, but in the vast majority of cases they're beneficial when preventing serious injury.

..Mich the same with injections. A few people react badly, but the majority don't. Even if you react badly, is it worse to suffer a bad reaction, or to be injured for life or even killed by contracting an illness that could be easily been prevented?

Combined MMR is a different case entirely. A decade of hysteria and debase based upon "scientific"findings so flawed, so wrongfully presented, that the outcome of death and disability it has wrought in is verging on the criminal.

Top Bottom