Vaccination vs anti-vaccination.

Vac or anti-vac?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It's not just about the child you are immunising but creating a wall of immunising the population stopping those too ill or too young to be immunised from getting infected.

Last edited:
That's more bollocks I'm afraid. A particular Islamic sect in a particular Islamic country may not like women riding bicycles but to suggest the whole of the Islamic religion is agin it is nonsense...

You seriously need to fix your poor comprehension. The operating words that @Cunobelin cites is that the clothing may form against the body and that is the issue on many things not just on cycling. Olympics and sports have been impacted by similar ruling and it is nothing to do with one particular sect. Its a trend that has been going on for the last 25 years where Islam is concerned. And Saudi Arabia is not the Arctic. Its the place where the followers of Islam around the World tend to seek guidance from. It does not mean these rules are fixed and firm and practiced religiously ( pun intended).. Its more to do with influence and peer pressure rather than the foibles of a a particular sect.

Take the nut jobs who bombed the tube. They were born and raised here. Ever hear the Yorkshire accent of some of these ladies who are clothed and completely covered. Some of them have not even gone to Saudi Arabia. Ask them why they are not on bike in the UK. Bet you the answer will be something to do with their religion.

That's more bollocks I'm afraid. A particular Islamic sect in a particular Islamic country may not like women riding bicycles but to suggest the whole of the Islamic religion is agin it is nonsense...

Women on bicycles and the restrictions are NOT confined to particular Islamic sect or country, there are numerous Fatwa issued across the Muslim world and across the Shia and Sunni sects

Islam as a religion is contentious over women on bicycles and both Sunni and Shia clerics have voiced opinions on this

A typical opinion from an Islamic site:

If this is done outside the presence of men, then there is no harm in it, because in principle this is permissible. However, if that is done in a place where men can see the woman, then it is not permissible. Usually, a woman riding a bicycle shows some of her body parts (that are forbidden for other men to see), or wears tight clothes in a manner that shapes the body, or it is possible for her to fall down and therefore would expose her body, and other illicit things could occur.

You have to know that a woman should not expose her face as this is a cause of Fitnah (affliction) especially in this time of mischief in which we are living.

What you have heard about the fact that it is Haram for women to ride horses is true if it is done in public places, because doing so causes their Awrah (parts that must be covered) to be unveiled in front of alien people.

However, if this is done in a place where only the husband can see her, or the like, then there is no harm in it.

The decision from Iran's leading cleric Ayatollah Elm Alhuda is:

“It is not a sin for a woman to sit on a bicycle saddle, provided she does so indoors or in her backyard. But if she cycles in public …. her movements and posture will lead to corruption and prostitution.“

There is a fuller explanation of the Fatwa here

The sad fact is that even in the UK this disapproval is having an effect. One of the difficulties quoted by the only Muslim ladies cycling club (Cycle Fit at the Jagonari centre in Whitechapel road) in in the UK is the disapproval of the women cycling by the community

Can you name me one ruling that speaks in favour of or allows cycling by women, and allows them to do so freely?

Last edited:

PK99

Legendary Member
Are you thinking of the triple antigen? That was diphtheria, whooping cough and tetanus.

I remember asking my mum about whooping cough. She explained it wasn't to protect me, but little babies who died from it were too young to be vaccinated. I'm am proud she was giving me a vaccine to contribute to herd immunity and care for other members of our community.

I am now suffering from Bronchiectasis (..frequent recurrent chest infections, 5 this year, 4 sets of antibiotics since september) as a result of having pertussis (whooping cough) about 10 years ago (aged 50).

Advice from doc at the time, was that the whooping cough vaccine wears off with time and adults rely on herd immunity. The failure of parents to vaccinate children was , she said, resulting in more adult cases like mine as the herd immunity was no longer efective.

My consultant is currently trying to decide which antibiotic will be most effective for the bug i brew and will give me a permanent stock to hold at home to start taking as soon as i feel a chest infection building.

I think you can guess my views wrt vaccination

PK99

Legendary Member
The sad fact is that even in the UK this disapproval is having an effect. One of the difficulties quoted by the only Muslim ladies cycling club (Cycle Fit at the Jagonari centre in Whitechapel road) in in the UK is the disapproval of the women cycling by the community
http://muslimwomeninsports.blogspot.co.uk/2008/11/no-1-muslim-ladies-cycling-club.html

"Even more off-putting is the significant disapproval the women face from their own community. “Women should not be riding bikes. They are stimulating themselves. If they want to stimulate themselves they should get a man,” says one Asian market trader on the pavement outside the Jagonari Women's Educational and Resource Centre in Whitechapel, where the cycling group is based."

classic33

Leg End Member
Yes there is.

Those not vaccinating are responsible for new outbreaks of old endemics like measles.
That's only part of the problem. The virus mutates and becomes immune to older vaccines.

If that were the only thing continuing the virus over the years, why did mass vaccinations fail to stop them?

Yes.

I also know that there are a variety of views on such matters in the Islamic world and to make the broad brush assertion you made that a single particular view applies is just plain bollocks.

Somehow that does not give a positive or pro-cycling Fatwa or comment from the Leaders who make the community policy

You have yet to prove your side of the argument

Dismissing the issue by calling it bollocks is not acceptable.... Please support your argument with some facts

Last edited:

atbman

Veteran
Countries where polio vaccination levels are the norm and are therefore high = no polio
Opposite (Pakistan Taliban murdering health workers) = lots of polio
India big drive to vaccinate = huge reduction in polio

I think we need to deal with the bigger question: does organic food cause autism?

autismcause.jpg

At last a reply from User (albeit on another thread):

Now you're just fibbing...

Arrowfoot said:

You responded:

No qualification in there - simply "Try Islam".

It wasn't until you got pulled up on it and it was pointed out it wasn't a universal view in Islam that you then qualified your statement. You then started demanding 'proof' that there were positive fatwahs on cycling - again displaying your ignorance of how Islam works.

Still want to bang on about this and make yourself look even more foolish?

Read the posts above, and decide on this for yourselves.... have the Fatwa and edict issued by Islamic clerics promoted cycling for Islamic women or hindered them?

I suggest you actually educate yourself as to what a fatwa is - otherwise you're just making yourself look even more foolish and ignorant.

And I suggesting you stop fibbing about what you actually wrote - as that fib is very easy to disprove, as I've shown.

Please feel free to continue....... and thank you for answering at last

Top Bottom