Valentine's Day Sorted...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mrs M

Guru
We will be giving each other the same Valentines card this year for the 26th year in a row.
They live in the wardrobe and are taken out each Feb 14 and displayed for afew days before being put away again till next year ^_^
Have to do a fake look of surprise each time.
Hope we're still exchanging them in another 26 years.

tyred

Legendary Member
:idea:
I know, I'll write one to my beloved Carlton.:wub:
She'll never leave me nor forsake me,
Nag me if leave the toilet seat up,
Complain if I admire a younger model
or send me flying across the threshold,
with a suitcase coming after me.

She'll not expect me to wine and dine her.
Nor expect rings and diamond necklace.
She'll not leave sitting hours in Tesco's car park.
All her needs and wants can be satisfied
With a quick blast from a my track pump,
Some lube in her bottom bracket
And her saddle gently messaged with Proofhide.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
:idea:
I know, I'll write one to my beloved Carlton.:wub:
She'll never leave me nor forsake me,
Nag me if leave the toilet seat up,
Complain if I admire a younger model
or send me flying across the threshold,
with a suitcase coming after me.

She'll not expect me to wine and dine her.
Nor expect rings and diamond necklace.
She'll not leave sitting hours in Tesco's car park.
All her needs and wants can be satisfied
With a quick blast from a my track pump,
Some lube in her bottom bracket
And her saddle gently messaged with Proofhide.

Be careful what you wish for....

Glagow 2007

The case of a man convicted of simulating sex with his bicycle has sparked a debate about human rights and the privacy of an individual.

Internet message boards have been buzzing with comment about the case of Robert Stewart, 51, from Ayr.

He was reported by cleaners at a hostel who unlocked his door and found him engaged in a sex act with his bike.

Stewart was put on the Sex Offenders' Register, which some posters said was an over-reaction by the sheriff.

Stewart admitted a sexually aggravated breach of the peace by conducting himself in a disorderly manner and simulating sex. As well as being put on register for three years, he was put on probation for the same length of time.

More than a million people have read the story on the BBC news website and it has been hotly debated on forums elsewhere.

One contributor asked: "Would they have done the same to a woman with a sex toy?

o.gif

start_quote_rb.gif
This case should not prevent people who want to engage in this sort of activity doing so
end_quote_rb.gif
John Scott
Human rights expert
"Apart from the fact that the sex toy was manufactured for the purpose, and a bicycle wasn't, I really don't see that the two acts are all that different."

Another blogger said: "I am more disturbed by the sheriff's ruling than the act of having sex with a bike."

Those discussing the case online were also worried about the future implications.

One person wrote: "It's bad news for privacy in the UK because of how a ruling like this could be used to support similar cases in future."

Legal experts said he would have been placed on the Sex Offenders' Register under Section 80 of the Sexual Offences Act 2003.

This states that a person should be put on the register "if the court determines that there was a significant sexual aspect to the offender's behaviour in committing the offence".

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
We will be giving each other the same Valentines card this year for the 26th year in a row.
They live in the wardrobe and are taken out each Feb 14 and displayed for afew days before being put away again till next year ^_^
Have to do a fake look of surprise each time.
Hope we're still exchanging them in another 26 years.

We do that with Xmas & Birthday cards - we went through a thrifty phase and it stuck.

Top Bottom