Veho MUVI video review...that tiny tiny camera

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Mmm. If I had money....but I don't! :smile:

Still no word on it's low light capabilities though.

OP
OP
thomas

thomas

the tank engine
summerdays said:
I'm even tempted - it looks so small and neat.

Moi aussi! If you are after it let me know as I may be able to get you a discount code from FireBox's affiliate manager. I can't promise anything though, but I was advertising another product they sold and I was tempted to buy it and I managed to get a press discount for myself.

Otherwise, there are firebox vouchers floating around the net.

How much of a discount?

There are some on Scan and Amazon for £50 -£60

(also another one on Amazon that looks exactly the same but different brand name....a little cheaper with free postage)

semislickstick said:
How much of a discount?

There are some on Scan and Amazon for £50 -£60

(also another one on Amazon that looks exactly the same but different brand name....a little cheaper with free postage)

Do you have any links for these?

OP
OP
thomas

thomas

the tank engine
magnatom said:
Mmm. If I had money....but I don't! :biggrin:

Still no word on it's low light capabilities though.

Okay, I've looked into it and I don't think it would work well at night, however it is meant to adjust quite well between different lights...such as when moving from light into shade.

As for Amazon:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss...vi+micro+camcorder&x=0&y=0&sprefix=muvi+micro

This is possibly the cheaper one...it does appear to look similar, but actually work differently.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ricco-Secur...2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1250585543&sr=8-2

OP
OP
thomas

thomas

the tank engine
semislickstick said:

Oh, looks good. Cheers for finding that.

OP
OP
thomas

thomas

the tank engine
semislickstick said:
....ok Amazon have it free postage for £61.77 or Ebuyer have it for £54.99 with free postage!

You'll want the sports pack ... saw that for about £12 on a amazon...RRP is £20.

I think I might treat myself to one at some point. I've used ebuyer before, had to return stuff too, and found them to be really good!

Wish it didn't come with the SD card though! I'd rather save a fiver and just buy a 8GB one to start with. Tip: only buy SD cards direct from a retailer - I had a lot of problems with fakes on amazon marketplace.

thomas said:
You'll want the sports pack ... saw that for about £12 on a amazon...RRP is £20.

I think I might treat myself to one at some point. I've used ebuyer before, had to return stuff too, and found them to be really good!

Wish it didn't come with the SD card though! I'd rather save a fiver and just buy a 8GB one to start with. Tip: only buy SD cards direct from a retailer - I had a lot of problems with fakes on amazon marketplace.

I can't find the sports pack for less than £17...when you add postage...anyone?

thomas said:
I didn't add postage on the amazon thing, sorry. I was only quickly checking! Ebuyer doesn't seem to sell that pack.

Shame it's not more like a tenner than £17, it seems a bit much, do you think it's worth it? (I think in that other brand camera you got the silicone cover and attachments included)

OP
OP
thomas

thomas

the tank engine
semislickstick said:
Shame it's not more like a tenner than £17, it seems a bit much, do you think it's worth it? (I think in that other brand camera you got the silicone cover and attachments included)

hmm

well, you get this:

1 x muvi additional spring mounting clip
1 x mounting bracket for bike/helmet
1 x magnetic mounting bracket for wall
1 x muvi silicon protective sleeve
1 x muvi arm strap
1 x muvi head/helmet strap
1 x mounting bracket velcro
2 x mounting bracket screws
3 x mounting bracket straps

The only things I would want are:
1 x mounting bracket for bike/helmet and 1 x muvi silicon protective sleeve

It is probably a rip off, bet it costs them like £1 a pack. BUUUTTTT, what's the point in having it if you can't attach it to your bike helemet. Otherwise, it's just a tiny camera.

If you compare it to an atc2k, that cost me about £100 for everything. Camera, attachments, SD card & batteries...so the Veho MUVI isn't really any more expensive. It seems to be quite new, so always wait a little while for prices to drop - or check out ebay?

Top Bottom