Veho MUVI video review...that tiny tiny camera

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
magnatom said:
Bought! We have just had an offer on our house today, so I had to celebrate somehow! :sad:

Nice one.............:biggrin: Pretty sure it's the same as the Muvi.... it has the metal case, is quite heavy for it's size, but all the plastics are good quality... all it needs is a high speed memory card to be smooth.

fossyant said:
Nice one.............:biggrin: Pretty sure it's the same as the Muvi.... it has the metal case, is quite heavy for it's size, but all the plastics are good quality... all it needs is a high speed memory card to be smooth.

It's bound to be the same. The production will be non-exclusive with Asian companies being able and willing to undersell European/US. It is much cheaper to keep a production line producing one type of good, rather than different versions.

OP
OP
thomas

thomas

the tank engine
Tharg2007 said:
light drizzle ok then?

oh. The casing is pretty useless. Light drizzle probably. However, it won't fit in the mounts with the case on.

I'm waiting for the proper waterproof case to come out. I believe it will fit in the mounts, though at £40 it is very expensive.

Might look for a 'knock off' version if I turn out to need one.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I'm with Thomas - if it's raining...then give it a miss.... it's tiny, and there are two exposed switches on the sides, and the on/off button at the top, and the mic hole..... wait till the waterproof casing comes down in price...... the silicone skin will fit when the clip is attached if the back cut out where the 'belt' slits are...

numbnuts

Legendary Member
the last ones red :blush:
I wish this thread would go away as it keeps tempting me to buy one

OP
OP
thomas

thomas

the tank engine
roggie said:
does anyone know any tech spec/performance differences between these models, they seem the same to me...

MD80

MD80s

MD90

MD91

Well, there might be some difference between the lens. Mine's 72' degrees, but I saw some cheaper ones with a 50 something degree lens. That seemed to be the only difference I could tell.

numbnuts said:
the last ones red :ohmy:
I wish this thread would go away as it keeps tempting me to buy one

goooo oonnn!! Early Christmas present :biggrin:

I've just picked up my MD80 from the post office this morning! B)

It doesn't come with a micro Sd card. B)

I wanted to to play with the card it came with first before buying a class 6 card, so I was disappointed to see there wasn't one in the pack. Poo!

However, I do have a micro SD card in my mobile. Does anyone know if it will overwrite anything else on an SD card, or will it just use available space?

I will of course back up the card.:cheers:

OP
OP
thomas

thomas

the tank engine
magnatom said:
It does delete everything on the card. Just as well I backed up!:laugh:

Weird. I've used my muvi as a USB memory stick a couple of times and the files are all still on it, even if I start recording...etc.

What do you think of the camera then? Be good to have a direct comparision between it and your main helmet camera.

thomas said:
Weird. I've used my muvi as a USB memory stick a couple of times and the files are all still on it, even if I start recording...etc.

What do you think of the camera then? Be good to have a direct comparision between it and your main helmet camera.

Unfortunately on the way home today I didn't get any footage. I've dicovered if when you've finished filming, instead of switching off VOX, you switch the camera fully off, it doesn't store the video file. Oops.

I intend on wearing it on the back of my helmet, so I will have about 150 degree coverage! :rolleyes:

OP
OP
thomas

thomas

the tank engine
magnatom said:
Unfortunately on the way home today I didn't get any footage. I've dicovered if when you've finished filming, instead of switching off VOX, you switch the camera fully off, it doesn't store the video file. Oops.

I'm sure I've mentioned that!! Tisk. When I first got it I attached it to the back of my helmet, worked quite well!

Top Bottom