Video editing software?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sara_H

Guru
I've just taken deliver of a go pro looky likey camera.

Most of the time I'll be deleting the memory card and starting afresh, but would like to edit and save some recordings eg I'll be recording at the Space for Cycling ride on 17th May, so would like to edit it and possibly set some of it to music, and my son wants to make some video's with the dog (dogs eye view kind of thing).

I've never done any kind of video editing before, so something simple and easy to use please! And free!

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I asked the same question a few years ago... turned out i had Windows Movie Maker all along... pre-installed with XP. Have a look in your programs list if you run Windows and you might have it too. I'm sure there's better stuff out there, but it's easy enough to use and free :smile:

OP
OP
Sara_H

Sara_H

Guru
I've just had a quick look, can't see movie maker, though I may be lookng in the wrong place. I've never quite got to grips with Windows 8.

User269

I've just had a quick look, can't see movie maker, though I may be lookng in the wrong place. I've never quite got to grips with Windows 8.
On the start page, just start typing 'movie maker' and the search panel and result will appear on the right. I've not used the Win7 or 8 version, but the XP version is easy to use and has most of the features you would ever need.

JasonHolder

on youtube. learning to be a gent
Video pad. Is perfect.
Try OBS if you need screen capture from your PC too. Great bit of software

OP
OP
Sara_H

Sara_H

Guru
Hi @Sara_H. Might I trouble you for a link to the camera you bought? I'm looking for something similar myself. Ta.
Its this one.

http://www.foxoffer.com/sj4000-full-hd-waterproof-action-helmet-camera-p-659.html#.U2t9ofldXhM

Lanzecki

Über Member
I've tried several in the course of my video's and for work. I've even paid for a few. TBH Windows movie maker is as good as most. Don't waste ya money of other stuff.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Do any of these allow you to create videos from multiple other videos? When I finish setting up my rear camera, I'll be simultaneously recording from helmet-cam and seat-post-cam, and I want to make videos showing these together.

Lanzecki

Über Member
Yes. all of them. Most you can drag and drop the original vid to the editing software.

One thing to consider many of these cycling vids are massive. So unless you've a really good PC, edit each one down first, save them as the highest HQ vid you can, then drag them all together to make a final cut

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Don't I know it! :rolleyes: Each GoPro video of my commute home is about 24GB for the Hero3+, and 16GB for the Hero3 (which is odd, considering the resolution and frame rate is the same). My PC should be up to the job: it's a new laptop PC bought late last year, with an SSD (900GB) instead of traditional HDD, 16GB RAM, and very fast processor :biggrin:.

Tyke

Iv`e just started with Lightworks http://www.lwks.com/

Not the easiest thing to learn but you can do anything from basic clips to full blown films. A pro editing program and the free version lets you do everything but only saves out at 720 . There are loads of tutorial vids on the site and utube is full of them.

Top Bottom