Wanna try track riding at Newport?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robgul

Legendary Member
<< This is in the Cafe ... 'cos it's not Racing and not really an Event ... it's a chance to try track riding in gentle way >>

I have a booking to hire the track (with the obligatory coach) at Newport Velodrome for a private session on MONDAY 8 December from 1100 - 1400.

The hire cost for the 3 hours is approx £230 - divided equally between the riders. At present we have 9 riders but can extend the group to 15 - you can do the sums (you will get a full 3 hours of track time, with tuition and "free riding" time) Bottom line is that it should be no more than £25 per person

Hiring a bike is a modest extra - if you have a compliant track machine you can use it.

Some of us have been before, some are newbies - it's great fun and surprising how quickly you get the hang of riding the boards.

If you are interested then e-mail me rob <AT> beewee.co.uk (don't PM, it doesn't always seem to work)

I will finalise the cost, based on numbers by noon on Thursday 6 November

I need to have absolute confirmation and payment by Friday this week (that's 7 November)

Rob

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
at £16 for two hours on a world class 'drome with bike hire and coaching included, i'll stick to the club's night at manchester…

OP
OP
robgul

robgul

Legendary Member
alecstilleyedye said:
at £16 for two hours on a world class 'drome with bike hire and coaching included, i'll stick to the club's night at manchester…

.... you'll find that the deal at Manchester at that price* is long gone ... I have another booking for Feb up there and the cost is now much more than Newport.

I'm no expert, but I would suggest that the 2 tracks are pretty much identical .. just the building at Manchester is a bit bigger.

Rob

* they used to do an all-in, up to 15 people, with bike hire - for 1 hour for about £140. No more :sad:

OP
OP
robgul

robgul

Legendary Member
Chuffy said:
Wotcha Rob! :sad:
I'd love to have a go, but I'm havering over the distance and the time.
Sounds like a lot of fun though...

Hey Chuffy, how's it hanging?

It would be good to see you again after all this time ... drop me an e-mail and I'll tell you who else is going ... there's someone from down there that you know quite well, may be an opportunity to share transport/cost?

Rob

GrahamG

Guru
Rhythm Thief said:
I'd like to, but I'll be at work.:sad:

Same here I'm afraid!

Top Bottom