Wanted please. Old tax discs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

speccy1

Hi
has anybody got any old tax discs still knocking about in their car?
Could I have them please? I'm happy to pay postage. thank you

Before you think I'm doing anything dodgy with them!.., I make them in to cycle art (inspired by the irony of the old, old argument that "cyclists don't pay road tax".)
You can take a peek at my work clicking on
http://www.treehuggery.co.uk/Taxing-Rides-Cyclists.html

PM me for my address
[address removed by a moderator]
thanks
Aren`t they selling for silly money on ebay now? I have 2 cars, one 16 years old, and one 13 years old, both with all of their discs back to the start, where do I stand here??

adamhearn

Veteran
Aren`t they selling for silly money on ebay now? I have 2 cars, one 16 years old, and one 13 years old, both with all of their discs back to the start, where do I stand here??

What do you mean where do *you* stand? If you think you can sell them and that's what you want to do then sell them? Alternatively, donate them to TreeHuggery so they can be recycled :smile:

speccy1

What do you mean where do *you* stand? If you think you can sell them and that's what you want to do then sell them? Alternatively, donate them to TreeHuggery so they can be recycled :smile:
That`s what I don`t know the answer to?? If they are of use to somebody, they are welcome to them, if they are worth daft money like ebay suggests, I`m selling them! Simples...........

adamhearn

Veteran
Do a normal search for "tax disc" then on the left (assuming you're not using a mobile device) you'll see "Show only" where you can choose "Sold listings". Looks like the general prices are low but I suppose it depends if you've got one that completes someone's collection.

OP
OP
TreeHuggery

TreeHuggery

If they're old - yep they might be worth a bit - I had someone give me their old Bentley tax discs going back several years - and I did suggest that they might want to try and find a collector..... but anything that's only a few years old, isn't, in all honestly, likely to generate any income - unless you want to hold on to it for a fair few years.
But... (never miss an opportunity ;-) I could always do you a pic with your tax tax discs in it!!!! - oh and then charge you more cos of the age of them!!!! (joking honest ;-) )

Top Bottom