warrenty question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

montage

God Almighty
Is it better to contact the shop I purchased the bike from, or than manufacture?

(Shimano Ultegra rear brake is busted)

OP
OP
montage

montage

God Almighty
Got the feeling they will take the bike off me and leave me to limp home all lycra clad

Mr Pig

montage said:
Got the feeling they will take the bike off me and leave me to limp home all lycra clad

They might. Recently I contacted Shimano about an issue I had with my disk brakes. They told me to take the bike back to the shop where they would remove the brakes and send them back to Shimano for inspection.

I said: "Not good enough. I could end up without my bike for weeks and I use it every day".

To their credit they then sent a full new set of brakes out to the shop, I went in and picked them up and fitted them myself at home.

I agree with Mr Paul's advice, it is right enough, but in this case I'd get what you want in place before you go out of the door. Phone the shop, tell them you want a new brake. Don't ask, tell them. Then you only go to the shop when they have the part so that it can be swapped over. It may be better to contact Shimano too, they seem pretty good to me and I'm sure they'll sort you out.

Danny

Legendary Member
And I agree with Mr Pig and Mr Paul. Just phone them up, politely explain the problem, and arrange to go in at a time when they can fix or replace the rear brake while you wait.

If your LBS is any good there should be no problem with this at all.

Top Bottom