Was I justified in ...the self righteous thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jimidh

Veteran
Pretty poor driving on her part but what speed were you doing along the straight - from the video it looks like you zipping along?

OP
OP
S

steve50

Disenchanted Member
It just the way it looks on the clip, the speed limit is 20mph I would have been under thirty but over 20mph, I had to slow down for the bend as it is a particularly nasty blind bend, I would have been doing less than 20mph at the point she decided to cut across the front of me, just as well really.

OP
OP
S

steve50

Disenchanted Member
Insight ain't your thing then?
insight or hindsight would be a wonderful thing, the point is as I have already stated I was doing less than twenty mph when I rounded that bend because I know the road well, it is a bad bend but even so the last thing I expected was some donut barrelling across the road in front of me as I rounded the bend. At that point I was within the suggested speed limit driving cautiously .

Bonus

Veteran
Is there a chance that if you'd driven 20 mph or less for the duration of the limit, she'd have finished her manoeuvre by the time you got there?

;-)

OP
OP
S

steve50

Disenchanted Member
Is there a chance that if you'd driven 20 mph or less for the duration of the limit, she'd have finished her manoeuvre by the time you got there?

;-)
How are we ever likely to know that?
Thats like saying if I had driven a little faster could I have avoided her altogether.

Moodyman

Legendary Member

;-)

Quite possible, but if he'd been doing 40+ he might have passed that point and therefore not come across this incident

So Steve, your fault coz you was too slow.

classic33

Leg End Member
It just the way it looks on the clip, the speed limit is 20mph I would have been under thirty but over 20mph, I had to slow down for the bend as it is a particularly nasty blind bend, I would have been doing less than 20mph at the point she decided to cut across the front of me, just as well really.
The limit is only advisory, council got the orders wrong.

OP
OP
S

steve50

Disenchanted Member
Well no but come on, keeping below the speed limit is pretty basic first-driving-lessons stuff! I wouldn't post a video showing myself committing such a blatant driving offence unless the other driver actually crashed.

Have I posted a video of me committing a driving offence?

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
The limit is only advisory, council got the orders wrong.
Unless it's a private road, putting the signs up then would be unlawful, breaching the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions. It might make enforcing the limit embarrassing (as the DfT may punish the highway authority) but I suspect one is still committing an offence if one exceeds the signed limit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom