Well i wonder.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I have noticed i am feeling a little better,as the days seem brighter and lighter.People have mentioned SAD to me,i do feel better when we come out of the long dark winter.
It makes a difference that is for sure

It is a very common thing. The higher temperatures this winter so far have meant it has not been quite as bad as most winters. I`m pleased you feel better-the next season is Spring, so more:bicycle:opportunities, more time outdoors etc.

I have noticed i am feeling a little better,as the days seem brighter and lighter.People have mentioned SAD to me,i do feel better when we come out of the long dark winter.
SAD is a hell of a thing. It really screws with your brain chemicals, and can't half wallop people who are susceptible to it. We all feel better, when the U.V. levels increase. A lot of extra Vitamin D is produced, which helps with feeling better, and you are more inclined to get outdoors, so you get more oxygen in your system, which is a natural high as well.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Totally agree. They are an absolutely brilliant innovation.

As opposed to an absolutely dark invention?

Levo-Lon

Guru
People are usually happier when we get some sun ,lighter mornings and eves .

i certainly get very fed up in winter..

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
It doesn't affect me but I have noticed that the mornings & evenings are getting lighter which is nice. It's usually more interesting to be out and about in daylight.

But thinking about this lots of people nowadays seem to have blinds permanently across their windows, maybe slanted, but not open to let in lots of light. I like my curtains wide open during daylight hours. Do you think some people could do more to help them selves by letting more natural light indoors?

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
There is a house a couple of hundred metres from me where the curtains are always closed. It is lived in but the house never seem to see daylight and the windows are always closed. When I walk past it, I wonder what sort of people live in it and how much it must stink as well. The front garden is full of rubbish with a car on bricks. I am glad they don't live next door to me.

Top Bottom