Well it had to happen !!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I decided to have a ride out this morning and had planned a 30 mile course, however it was cut short when I got out into the countryside and the fog/mist was thicker than I had anticipated. Not to be outdone I was determined to press on harder than usual. Everything was fine until I got into traffic in the town on the return.

Then it happened !!!

I fell off !!!!

I had unclipped the 'wrong' side and went the other way.

The first time since I've been riding !

Lucky enough it was at a junction, right in the middle of town, with about 40,000 folk crossing in front of me !!

I think one or two may have noticed !! ......and the drivers that had queued up behind this flailing idiot rolling around on the tarmac.

Luckily I only had another couple of miles before I got home, no damage to the bike but I do have a cracking bruise coming up on my knee that resembles a map of France. At least it gave me chance to practice my swearing prior to the weekends football !!

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
Ouchies. I've come close to doing that too. Horrible feeling.

JD42

Hills are nature's way of culling the weak
Trying to unclip when the cleat spins in the pedal on left foot and doesn't release.... panick hits...try it with right foot...too late. Already going sideways..down I go!. I had to take my shoe off to release myself..lol. I always check cleats now to ensure they are tight.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
Try and unclip when you know you've not bought new cleats and they don't release

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Just use flats. It's easier and I'm faster than you losers on them too.
What about "street creed" though?

Top Bottom