Well known/famous things, buildings or places you have been associated with.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
You get the idea.......anything we may be interested in that you were DEFINITELY involved in.

Well into retirement now I was mulling over jobs/things that I have been associated with that people see/look at every day. Got me wondering what famous landmark buildings/items etc. other CCs have been involved with.
For me.....3 things just out.

1) 1962 I was office boy to the directors of the Royal Liver Building. I had free access to all of the top floors. I was able to roam all the attic spaces that no-one else was allowed access to.
I even stood on the roof, next to the bells when the clocks chimed. I served tea/coffee to them in the board room........women were NOT allowed past the BIG doors.

2) I worked at Cadbury's (1968) when they developed SMASH potato powder. I was a mere store keeper/ingredient measurer but was the 'little cog' that measured out the powder that went into the packets :smile:

3) I was the first person in this country to develop rubbish chutes (a German idea)..........those red ones you see hanging from buildings. I worked for a large company (part of shell) and had the idea. The M.D gave me
the funds and they "took off". In 1980 we were selling 20,000 per year.

I am sure lots of CC'rs have 'claims to fame that we would be interested in.

Last edited:

pplpilot

Guru
My dad went to school with and lived next door to Noddy Holder. They both used to help noddys dad on his window cleaning round. According to my dad grandad was constantly complaining of the noise when noddy and the 'Rockin Phantoms were 'rehearsing' next door.

midlife

Guru
typhoon_2657017b.jpg

Tiny part in the fly by light system :smile:

Shaun

Attachments

• typhoon_2657017b.jpg
    typhoon_2657017b.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 39

TVC

Very tiny, I was involved with the connectors that joined the optical fibres. At the time I was doing a PhD that involved using a Perthometer to measure surfaces.

pertho.jpg

Shaun
You would have got better results using a Talysurf, just saying :whistle:

Attachments

• pertho.jpg
    pertho.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 33

pplpilot

Guru
Very tiny, I was involved with the connectors that joined the optical fibres. At the time I was doing a PhD that involved using a Perthometer to measure surfaces.

pertho.jpg

Shaun
No idea what it means but from here it's pretty cool.

Attachments

• pertho.jpg
    pertho.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 41
Top Bottom