Wembley Stadium parking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stevevw

Guru
Any of you know of any free or cheap parking within walking distance of the stadium? I will be going to the trophy final on Saturday.

Thanks Steve

Bromptonaut

Rohan Man
stevevw said:
Any of you know of any free or cheap parking within walking distance of the stadium? I will be going to the trophy final on Saturday.

Thanks Steve

Watford Junction. Take train and walk the last bit!!

Parking in the immediate area is (rightly) tightly controlled and heavily policed.

allen-uk

Depends how far you want to walk. If a couple of miles doesn't bother you, then try Church Lane, Kingsbury NW9, past the Wood Lane turning. The 'Event Day' no-parking ban stops at that point (signposted).

Otherwise, the tube/rail is a possibility, although you haven't got to go as far out as Watford. Just any station a few up the line from Wembley Park - Stanmore is worth a look, but there'll be some walking involved there, too.

A.

redjedi

Über Member
Even though I used to work near the Stadium I can't think of any free parking. Most of it was turned into resident permit holders only.

If you get there early enough then there are usually people selling spaces outside of the closed businesses for about £5 (this was a couple of years ago though).

One place was the printers on the corner of Fulton Road / Fifth Way. This also give you quick exit as well, so could be worth a try.

But you will need to get there a good couple of hours early as there are very few spaces.

If your into live music there's a music shop on Fifth Way to kill a bit of time.

P.S. Be careful where you park as this is traffic warden HQ, and they circle like buzzards looking for easy prey :tongue:

OP
OP
stevevw

stevevw

Guru
I would go by train but looks like engineering work will mean having to use the provided coach link and if the other 40 odd thousand have the same idea I may be so late I miss the game, I also have to get back at a reasonable time as I am doing the Suffolk Sunrise on Sunday.
If I was not taking my partially sited farther, nephew and niece I could ride down.
Have just found parking near by but £30 is a bit steep, but cheaper than the £60 to go on the clubs organised coach.

Maz

Guru
It's been a long time since I went to Wembley, but how about (free?) parking somewhere near one of the zone 3/4 London Underground stations, then getting the tube?

Good luck for your team steve - hope you all have a fine day out. As for the parking, as others say it is very awkward. Also, the local community take all their cars out for exercise at the weekend, with plenty of Tesco, IKEA and Asda attractions to lure them. Stanmore station was always a meet up point because it is on the Jubilee Line but I think that is all 'respark' only now - as are the other conduits into Wembley.
Makes one wonder if engineering works 'planners' have any idea...

allen-uk

There WAS a move in Wembley to get the new stadium built in a more sensible place, like near the A1/M25 junction, with a new rail link from Potters Bar.

Far too sensible an idea, though, so it never got off the ground.

A.

redjedi

Über Member
The Torch pub also has a car park. If you ask nicely and promise to buy a few drinks and meals (not the best) they may let you park there.
Perhaps a £5-10 handshake may help seal the deal.

A friend has left a car there for a few hours while we went into town once, but it wasn't an event day.

OP
OP
stevevw

stevevw

Guru
Would have been a good idea to build a massive car park too, charging £5 a time to help pay for it's self. I wonder if the London Olympics will be hit by essential engineering work on the rail links? :biggrin:

mr Mag00

rising member
i parked right outside in the business car parks as mentioned earlier for a gig a few years ago. I kept the ticket inc ase i needed to contact them to park there again , i will look to see if i can find it.

allen-uk

Alright, if you REALLY want to push your luck, then there's ASDAs in East Lane (opposite the Town Hall), about 400 yards from the stadium. Very busy at weekends, enormous car park, and I don't know how they'd go about nailing any non-shoppers using it. Given your circumstances, I'd tend to bite that £30 bullet and have done with it!

A

Top Bottom