Wembley

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AdamBlade

Well, I watched my beloved Blades sail through to the Play-off final last night :smile:. Actually, lots of nail biting towards the end but certainly deserved it over the 2 games.

Just been online to see about getting tickets for the final at Wembley. Never been to the new one and the Blades don't get there very often. Cheapest ticket is £35 for the back of the top tier!! If you want a half decent seat is over £60!!!! Absolute rip-off!!:angry: We're also away for the week in Scarbough so would have to get the train.

So for me and my son, it would be £97 for decent tickets + £149 for return train tickets!!! I can't see MrsAB liking that after I spent £300+ on season tickets for next season.

Looks like I'm going to be watching it in a pub somewhere. A damn site cheaper!!

Will1985

Über Member
Get used to it - the Premiership gives club a licence to inflate the prices!

On the other hand, the Norwich board identified the effects of the financial crisis and ensured relegation to give fans the chance to watch football for less :rolleyes: Delia, we are thankful.

OP
OP
AdamBlade

AdamBlade

We reduced our season tickets for next season so if we go up, we will be watching Premiership football for less than we paid for Championship. Although we will also get 4 less games per season and prbably get beat most weeks.

Makes staying in the Championship more appealing, especially for my 6 year old son. He's not seen the Blades lose much this season. He'll be in for a shock if we go up!!

Maz

Guru
AdamBlade said:
Well, I watched my beloved Blades sail through to the Play-off final last night :laugh:. Actually, lots of nail biting towards the end but certainly deserved it over the 2 games.

Just been online to see about getting tickets for the final at Wembley. Never been to the new one and the Blades don't get there very often. Cheapest ticket is £35 for the back of the top tier!! If you want a half decent seat is over £60!!!! Absolute rip-off!!:biggrin: We're also away for the week in Scarbough so would have to get the train.

So for me and my son, it would be £97 for decent tickets + £149 for return train tickets!!! I can't see MrsAB liking that after I spent £300+ on season tickets for next season.

Looks like I'm going to be watching it in a pub somewhere. A damn site cheaper!!
Frick me! 35 quid for the cheap seats? I'll be going down to Wembley (all being well). Don't want to think how much it'll cost in tickets and travel for me and my son. :laugh:

COYRAWW!!!!!!!

c2c

redredrobin
AdamBlade said:
Well, I watched my beloved Blades sail through to the Play-off final last night :tongue:. Actually, lots of nail biting towards the end but certainly deserved it over the 2 games.

Just been online to see about getting tickets for the final at Wembley. Never been to the new one and the Blades don't get there very often. Cheapest ticket is £35 for the back of the top tier!! If you want a half decent seat is over £60!!!! Absolute rip-off!!:biggrin: We're also away for the week in Scarbough so would have to get the train.

mate........just pay the money and go... although my team lost at wembley last year to hull, who incidently i really really hope come back down, its a great day out spesh if you win......... and i reckon you lot got the beating of both reading and burnley. went to your place with city last season, stayed over in sheffield after.. nice city, friendly pepes.... you beat us that day but we learnt that we were in the playoffs so it was party time........on a bum note for you tho, the best fans we had at the gate this season by far were..yep you guessed it......... wednesday...... last game of the season nothing to play for and they came in their droves all fancy dress and singing all game........

OP
OP
AdamBlade

AdamBlade

Although I hate to admit it, Wednesday do travel well. Although their home crowds haven't been anything to shout about for such a "big" club.

nothing can be taken for granted with United. I think we'll be favourites for the final but that means nothing. Seen it before when we played Wolves and was comprehensively beaten.

Wherever I watch it, I'll be singing loud and proud:

"You fill up my senses........."

COYRAWW!!!!!

c2c

redredrobin
AdamBlade said:
Although I hate to admit it, Wednesday do travel well. Although their home crowds haven't been anything to shout about for such a "big" club.

nothing can be taken for granted with United. I think we'll be favourites for the final but that means nothing. Seen it before when we played Wolves and was comprehensively beaten.

Wherever I watch it, I'll be singing loud and proud:

"You fill up my senses........."

COYRAWW!!!!!

glad you went through but beattie messed up against preston didnt he.got a bit greedy in front of goal tried to score himself......... his teammate went potty with him as he was free............great player though.wish we had someone like him.....

OP
OP
AdamBlade

AdamBlade

He's ok, but needs to work on his finishing. He missed another sitter last night. Good to see the fans not getting on his back though. I think he's lacking a bit of confidence but it will come (I hope!!).

c2c

redredrobin
AdamBlade said:
He's ok, but needs to work on his finishing. He missed another sitter last night. Good to see the fans not getting on his back though. I think he's lacking a bit of confidence but it will come (I hope!!).

i didnt watch your game last night, i watched newcastle v bro..... had a vested interest in that one cos a magpie win meant nasty hull are in the drop zone, which was, im pleased to say, the way it turned out..... you and burnley at wembley i reckon..just watch out for patterson and eagles...

I saw Stevenage Boro play York United there on saturday, my team, Boro won 2-0 in FA trophy final. Was a damned good day. For the record im a proper fan, not just a fan for in the trophy final.

Anyway adult ticket for that game, lower tier was £25

Top Bottom