what a load of rubbish!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bigjim

Legendary Member
I watch about an hour of tv a night. Usually on catchup. IMO there is still some good stuff about. I'll watch a Morse repeat and Lewis is worth watching. Last night we watched a really good drama about some guy who left his wife and child. Rode a train to London, threw all his ID away and tried to live on the street. I though the acting was superb and was very funny, and also sad in parts. Really enjoyed it.

I sold my television just before Christmas because I never watched it. I watch Dr Who on a Saturday night when I'm visiting my parents; at the moment that's the only TV I watch. I don't miss my TV one little bit.

400bhp

Guru
You need to switch your viewing from passive to active! Instead of just sticking the TV on and aimlessly wandering about the channels looking for something to watch, sit down at the start of the week and go though the TV guide seeking out interesting programmes, which may be on at times which are not convenient to you. Set your PVR to record them and build up a library of things to watch. I have hours worth of history, nature, science and technology recordings to watch, along with 5 or 6 films, and episodes from a couple of series. I also record the Channel 4 news every evening so I can catch up with that later on.
I cant be arsed.

John the Canuck

..a long way from somewhere called Home..
returned my TV licence some years ago..................bliss

just watch [commercially purchased] DVD movies now

and DONT F===ing start the ''you need a licence'' rubbish either...........................................................................................:laugh::laugh:

This thread pops up almost as much as cycling etiquette!!

There's plenty of excellent tv. I love great documentaries, particularly science. Lots on bbc4, discovery etc. sky has lots to watch. Lots of great drama too. There's plenty of crap so you do need to invest a little time just like trying to find a great book.

Sky+ is perfect as you can just record a few series tou may like and delete those that aren't much good. It will always be hard to just switch on and hope to find something, I never do that. I check the schedules, record abd then sky+ has an excellent array of quality tv for me whenever I want.

John the Canuck

..a long way from somewhere called Home..
How do you return a tv licence?:wacko:...............EASY - on-line cancellation Mr Pedantic

You dont pay tv tax. Farking scum................why should I ..? - i dont watch broadcast TV......:tongue:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Whats a PVR? I thought Personal Video Recorder but can't use them anymore. So....
A Freeview PVR ... My digibox has a digital PVR built in. I can record up to 2 channels at once, while watching a previous recording.

Only 2 channels needed. Eurosport 1 and eurosport 2.
I watch Eurosport online.

What annoys me is that I used to get really good playback on my tablet, but either Eurosport broke the app or the Android update I installed did. Now the tablet is unusable on Eurosport because the picture freezes for half a second every 2 or 3 seconds

Top Bottom